Happy birthday SFSFv2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to it ::3:
Can't wait to go on SFSFv2 again as I couldn't get it working on my localhost just for me to play alone D:

Let me point out just this thing.
I would love to start with SFSFv3, but only with Andre and me as leaders, also, I don't like any other mappers apart from myself D:
So I'd prefer to map everything myself.

Well I think FrostBytez should be involved somehow more than being the host.. I mean he's pretty much doing you guys a biiig favor

But hey, thats just my opinion and it doesn't mean anything :tongue:

Yeah like max admin level, but big decisions in the server etc, hmm IDK.
3 people deciding stuff doesn't go well, I have experience with this.

I wont need administrative rights on the server, b/c I don't play much SA-MP anymore. :mellow:

The only reason I'd go on SA-MP is;
1: Testing one of my scripts
2: Testing another persons scripts
3: I accidently launched it.

Right now, I'm making an OnPlayerClick function using includes and a filterscript, works but has some minor bugs that need to be sorted out. :dry:

Me and Zez are making something wicked, details are undisclosed. :whistling:

I don't want any type of 'high' position on something I didn't develop on, I'd only like to keep the community safe by maintaining security and giving some suggestions from time-to-time but that doesn't mean I want to be controlling.

I won't make any 'big' decisions in the server as to maps, scripts, functions, players, accessibility, gamemode, anything else.

The server is up to you and Andre, All I'll do is keep the server safe, running, and make suggestions from time to time as said above.

All i expect back from hosting the server is;
-Respect.

Respect is more important to me than money, clothes, computers, anything in the world isn't better than respect.

Well, you can always manage the site and stuff, hopefully there will be a website as well as a forum with news etc on it and you can keep that up to date :tongue:

GPow69 said:
Well, you can always manage the site and stuff, hopefully there will be a website as well as a forum with news etc on it and you can keep that up to date :tongue:
Of course!

When the new SFSFv3 is ready for launch after testing on the demo server (ServerFFS) then I'll renew the domain.

All good things take time :wink:

I suppose we could keep you all in the development loop on our SFSFv3 site, but I will post the development news/ideas/issues in this topic currently because we do not have the domain renewed.

A test server before we fully launch is a good idea, but I see this happening not before 20th of July (approx. when I get back and the script has some good development done on it). The only thing bothering me is as I said, SA-MP doesn't allow much expansion for our project and there's really not much things to do for eyecandy and I suppose since the feedback we got was all "love this server, never gets bored unlike others" I think we have enough of eyecandy and good features.

Mave said:
Let me point out just this thing.
I would love to start with SFSFv3, but only with Andre and me as leaders, also, I don't like any other mappers apart from myself D:
So I'd prefer to map everything myself.
Totally my point mate. And we can't wait for you to start mapping because your creation is hawt.

FrostBytez said:
All i expect back from hosting the server is;
-Respect.

Respect is more important to me than money, clothes, computers, anything in the world isn't better than respect.
Correct entirely, and of course I will provide a link to your hosting service and let people know that this project is funded by FrostBytez!

We need to set SFSFv3 apart from SFSFv2 somehow.

Here's a suggested organized plan;

Upload script on dev. server (S-FFS) > Develop new maps / scripts / bug fixes > Finalize GM > Upload to the dedicated server > LAUNCH.

What happens after that?
-Script more
-Map More
-????
-PROFIT!

I promised to work hard on the code. Well I worked some more today and I added ramps. Every player is able to spawn 3 ramps and I've never seen a ramp script being created in this manner. More efficient and clearly better than the others I've seen. I remember creating a similar code in SFSFv2 but then there was a small problem with the logics and I had to remove the code because I couldn't solve one problem. Found a nice solution for it this time. Still needs some optimizing work and testing. The ramp distance is based on your ping as well.

Also I planned a method to recode the house system not to store all house data in a huge array. Instead it would work with 3 coordinates in the enumeration only. Would make this a little better I recognize, would add more possibility for much more houses as well.

Thanks, Andre. :biggrin:

Andre said:
The ramp distance is based on your ping as well.

Now that's smart. I used to go on another MTA server and I had quite a ping but liked the server. You could create ramps, but for me, I always got stuck into one when trying to spawn it >.<

Awesome Andre, will promise to map epic shit in August!
Already got some ideas :wink:

Mave said:
Yeah like max admin level, but big decisions in the server etc, hmm IDK.
3 people deciding stuff doesn't go well, I have experience with this.
Ehehehhehhehehheheheheheeehehhehhehhe......

And I'm still trying to retrieve my map from that other server.

Yeah, i saw it.

Good job ^_^

Could use a few touchups, but other than that it's pretty good.. !

E-Mail it to me? :biggrin:

(JT@frostbtez.com)

Had a shitload of fun last night testing with GPow and M1rc while on TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom