Happy birthday SFSFv2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why the fuck did your give your script to host your server unless he can secure the server properly ??

Your sentences continue to make no sense, but I admit I wanted to have the server online and didn't care about the security on first sight. Other than that we wouldn't have had our new SFSFv2 in March. Now drop the discussion, I've owned you endless times before in other discussions, so shut the fuck up.

You come here to be a dick. Fuck off. I heard you are almost 30 (or are you already?), but you behave like a 9 year old.

Guys ease up.. He doesn't make much sense because he doesn't know english very well, but he's trying...

No real need to get mad :\

GPow69 said:
Guys ease up.. He doesn't make much sense because he doesn't know english very well, but he's trying...

No real need to get mad :\

^^ Agreed.

Damn, i really wish i would have hosted SFSFv2.

None of this would have happened...

BTW..
Guest setup FTP but he left the anonymous port open for use, so basically anyone could browse through all the files.

e.g;
If you'd browse to /~vps/USER/root/MySQL/.storage/somesql.sql

You'd actually get access to all the SQL databases.

Sometime in the near future, maybe me an Andre will transfer SFSFv2 to MTA and I'll host? :biggrin:

Rest assurance, any of the epidemics that happened on SFSFv2 won't happen on my servers, not on my watch.

MTA would be awsome =D
The only problem with MTA is ehm...
Is there actually a main problem in MTA?

FrostBytez said:
Sometime in the near future, maybe me an Andre will transfer SFSFv2 to MTA and I'll host? :biggrin:

If that is going to happen, please keep it on SA-MP ;_;
MTA just doesn't have that... Thing... The first MP mod of SA which I played was SA-MP... And I got used to it while playing SFSFv2 :3

Impulse said:
MTA would be awsome =D
The only problem with MTA is ehm...
Is there actually a main problem in MTA?
There isn't a problem - everything can be created and will be much better than SFSFv2 on SA-MP, but I see a problem - too much functionality. Literally, the problem is only a good one if I can say so, but it feels a little far for me anyways. And for some reason I'm sure the server wouldn't be very successful on MTA sadly. Although having FrostBytez host it would be like a gift from heaven.

If we had the server on SA-MP again it would be awesome, but I'm quite unsure as the mode is released now and hasn't been widely played on for months so there probably are some bugs (which I could fix anyways). On the other hand the best feedback (and almost the only feedback) we've had for the server was that SFSFv2 is superb and even after long long hours of gameplay one does not get bored unlike on other servers. Something like that sure would encourage the server to continue but what would be to do if we actually continued the project right now would be:
1. removing the git and downloads
2. remapping most of the world
3. writing a joint script between SMF forums and SA-MP server
The joint script would be a shared database which would allow us to tie more of a community feeling into the game and also would allow me to write some simple SMF add-on which would integrate our web panel into the forums with other good pages related to the game. This all since our forums and gameserver would be on the same dedicated server.

SFSFv2, I suppose, was some sort of a landmarking server. At least that's what I would want to consider it due to the feedback received that I already spoke of above (superb and unlike other servers one does not get bored). And I doubt we would have problems with our active playerbase after a month or two of operating, we would average 40-50 players or similar without problems.

I would love to run a SA-MP community and all, perhaps a little different this time though. The only thing I can think of is that is SA-MP really a good multiplayer modification nowadays and what will have happened to it in a few months, a year or so (player amount wise I mean).

I'm eager to hear all your community feedback you have regarding SFSFv2 and perhaps bringing it back under a new outlook or operating method and what would you like to see if we did bring it back... means your general idea about this whole thing.

We need to negotiate FrostBytez for server hosting first and scramble together a leader team if we're going to do it. Need to have some sort of plans :thinking:

Hmm...

Make a nice resourced VPS from my dedi and lets get rollin'? :tongue:

k, here's the ideal specs of the VPS under my dedi;

-1.5GB RAM
-Intel core i7 - 2.66 GHz (1 processor, 4 cores)
-400GB bandwidth transfer

Once the server gets more popular, e.g 100-300 players then I'll add more bandwidth as needed.
This XEN VPS is also guaranteed DDoS Protected + XEN has dedicated resources, it does not share resources with other VPS's, etc...

Andre and Mave make up your decision if you want to rebirth SFSF.

DO IT. PLEASE. I miss it. I miss the great time on it. Aww, always reminds me on SA-FE <3 I totally support the MTA thing.
I started to map a bit, too :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom