Need some help with building beast computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauri

Custom title here
Global Moderator
I've about ~1300 € to use for a beast computer, but the thing is that I really don't know shit about computers. So I came here to ask some help. Also please give me some good websites where you can build 'n buy, and they support euros.

It also can be pre-built, but of course it's a bit cheaper to build it by my own.

Here's couple computers, tell me your opinions, something to change? Anything, I seriously need a new computer, current laptop is dying yo.

Pre-built - 1369,90 €
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz Quad-Core, urbo Boost and Hyper Threading(~3.8 GHz)
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (4 x 4 GB)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 Ti OC 1024 MB (DirectX 11-, CUDA- and PhysX -support)
ASUS Intel H67 B3, ATX
1 TB 7200rpm HDD
CD-RW / DVD+-RW
Corsair 500W

Built by me - 1394.25 €
6 Core Phenom II X6 1100T
Kingston SSD Now V100 64 GB
Antec 500 Watt 80+
ASUS M5A99X EVO-M EVO - AM3+ - SATA6,eSATA, Firewire, S/PDIF, USB 3.0
8 GB DDR3 1333 mhz Kingston
ATI 6990 4 GB DDR5
WD CAVIAR GREEN 1TB SATA2 64MB INTELLIPO
DVD-RW

Another one - A bit under 600 €, cheapy cheapyy
Nexus PSU 430W 12CM ATX 80+
AMD Athlon II X4 640 AM3 (95W) BOX
ASUS AM3+ AMD880G VGA DDR3 USB3 HB CFX
Valueram/4GB 1333MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM KIT
WD CAVIAR GREEN 1TB 3.5" SATA2 IP 64MB
SMG DVDRW 22X SATA BULK BLACK
Club 3D HD 6770 PCIE 1GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI

Thank you in advance! :biggrin:

I like dat second one ::3:
500w should (probably) do the job for that rig, I think. But I'm no expert :tongue:

Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid-tower - $100 USD, I have this case, its got a fuck ton of room and is huge for a mid tower and it has all the ventilation and such you need.

ASUS Republic Of Gamers Crosshair V Formula AM3+ - $209.99 USD, This is one step down from my mine and is the AMD counter part (I have the Rampage III extreme). These ROG boards are in my opinion the absolute best, they have visual read outs on the board it self to help you trouble shoot issues with your PC, and they have multiple fail safes to protect your PC components.

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB - $59.99 USD, you save yourself about 30-40 from the caviar black. Avoid the caviar green as they arent as good as the blue or black, it is the cheapest "Green" alternative. The only difference from the black and blue is I believe 8MB in cache difference which makes 0% noticeable difference.

AMD 1100T Thuban X6 - $189.99 USD. (If your looking to cut costs, just get the 1090T, same thing pretty much, but a bit cheaper)

MEMORY: Get G.Skill memory. Why? Its cheap and kicks fucking ass. You can get 8GB dual channel 1333 for as low as $36 on sale, and 12gb 1600MHz for $87. pick what you want and add it to the rest of this.

Video card: My honest opinion - The next gen of cards is coming out in the next 6-8 months, get something cheap that will do the trick for now, and pick up one of the new series when they come out.

Coolermaster Silentpro Modular 1000W PSU $197.99 USD, its dead quiet, and powers everything you can throw at it. And its cheaper than a corsair, I was hesitant to buy this PSU at first but its been one of my best decisions when I built my PC. You can usually get these on sale too for anywhere between $15-30 off.

Coolermaster 200MM Red LED fan -$17, If you go with the 922, this will fit on the side vent perfectly, cooling the mobo and GFX card. And it looks sexy :3 at night.

In total for just the parts I have listed with price your at : $777.96 USD which comes out to $574.16 EUR rounded off to the nearest cent. Add about well say $60 in memory, and $300 for a decent video card to tide you over. your looking at $1137.96 USD - 839.902 EUR total. I couldnt find a store online for Europe so I had to use new egg but at least with this you get a general idea. I would avoid an SSD for now and i left out the OS because I dont know if you want to run linux or W7 32/64. 64 bit OEM version of W7 pro is only like $100 here so probably 80 Euros.

Shame that NewEgg doesn't support euros, I would have most likely already bought that build. :biggrin:

But thanks a lot VK, now I have some kind of idea what kind of computer I should try to bulid!

Mave said:
Have you got any experience with building a PC?
I know a bit how to build, but I still suck at it. :tongue:

Panki said:
Mave said:
Have you got any experience with building a PC?

Nothing easier than that really...

Well excuse me.

Okay, so I followed VK's suggestions and built this onee. Haven't decided video card yet.

vFHN6.png

What would your budget be for your (Temporary) graphics card? And since you have an AMD CPU there, I'd probably say go with an AMD(ATI) GPU as well.

Price can go over 1300€ if it's really needed, but I would like to stay under 1500€.

Mauri said:
Price can go over 1300€ if it's really needed, but I would like to stay under 1500€.

Yeah, but what's the max amount you'd be willing to spend on a GPU? Don't spend too much if you are planning to only have it temporarilly, and upgrade to a next-gen card later.

Also you could get a decent GPU now, and when the next gen comes out, get another AMD card and run them crossfire for even more power :3

Oh right. I can use something 100-150€ for the temporary video card. Suggest some. :biggrin:

GPow69 said:
Also you could get a decent GPU now, and when the next gen comes out, get another AMD card and run them crossfire for even more power :3

How about if I now buy that temporary video card, and later I buy next gen video card and put both of those cards to crossfire? Did you meant that? :biggrin:

GPow69 said:
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant :tongue:

Goodie goodie. :biggrin: Can you suggest some good video cards? Also how about CD/DVD players? Some cheap one is enough?

Mauri said:
GPow69 said:
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant :tongue:

Goodie goodie. :biggrin: Can you suggest some good video cards? Also how about CD/DVD players? Some cheap one is enough?
In terms of video cards, most of the stuff I see you probably wont like, and CD/DVD drive that is cheap would be good enough, most stuff is digital download these days.

Friend of mine build this one, your thoughts? I think it looks fine, and he said that when/if I buy new graphic card, then I should as well update PSU, since having 1000W for one graphic cards is just too much.

QeM9e.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom