Need some help with building beast computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get an AMD Graphics card and an Intel CPU in the same build, they don't work well together as good as intel+Nvidia or AMD+AMD

Right now almost no games will take advantage of more than 3 threads. Now since the main advantage that the i7-2600K has over the i5-2500K is hyper-threading and since the extra 4 threads from hyper-threading isn’t an advantage in gaming you might as well get an i5-2500K and save about $100. If you are going to do any video/audio or some other heavily multi-thread application then the i7-2600K is a great processor. Otherwise go with the i5-2500K.

Tl;dr i5-2500k for gaming. i7-2600k for video/audio or some other heavily multi-thread application

Great that you finally got a Samsung Spinpoint F3 btw :megusta:

Maffia171 said:
Tl;dr i5-2500k for gaming. i7-2600k for video/audio or some other heavily multi-thread application

I think I'm going to get i7 anyways, I don't see a reason why I can't play with it. :tongue:

Mauri said:
Maffia171 said:

I think I'm going to get i7 anyways, I don't see a reason why I can't play with it. :tongue:
I see what Maffia is saying, and I think it might be a wise investment anyways to get the i7, especially considering you do 3D rendering dont you?

Vodkush said:
Mauri said:
Maffia171 said:

I see what Maffia is saying, and I think it might be a wise investment anyways to get the i7, especially considering you do 3D rendering dont you?

Nope. :biggrin: But I surely will when I get that computer. :biggrin:

It has been decided!
Thanks Mawg for helping me at building this one. :3 And of course thanks to others too! This is the one I bought.

2fqpX.png

GPow69 said:
Why would you get intel + AMD.....

Well why the fuck not? NONE of my friends NEVER had ANY problems with Intel + AMD. It's not that Intel + nVidia would be only right combination.

It works, but it doesn't work as well :tongue: It's more efficient to have intel+nvidia or AMD+AMD
Not saying it'll cause problems, but it's less effective overall :tongue:

GPow69 said:
It works, but it doesn't work as well :tongue: It's more efficient to have intel+nvidia or AMD+AMD
Not saying it'll cause problems, but it's less effective overall :tongue:

Well we'll see about that when I get it. :tongue: Can't wait!

I don't see why it should work less efficient, the communication between GFX and CPU mostly depends on the motherboard.

Fries said:
I myself have an intel processor and an AMD gfx card, haven't had any problems so far.

It WON'T cause problems. But it's less efficient, Why the hell WOULDN'T AMD design their products to communicate better with more of their own products?

GPow69 said:
Fries said:
I myself have an intel processor and an AMD gfx card, haven't had any problems so far.

It WON'T cause problems. But it's less efficient, Why the hell WOULDN'T AMD design their products to communicate better with more of their own products?

Now tell me. HOW are they supposed to make that?

I'm not a computer scientist, but I'm sure AMD products share similar 'characteristics' with other AMD products. That would just make sense.

No. That would be fucking retarded as they would lower the efficiency and power in other systems, and the goal is obviously to get as much power as possible to be better than the concurrents.

It would lower the power and efficiency, which would make you want to buy all AMD. Remember that this is a company and they're here to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom