General Gaming Discussion Thread

Stybar said:
So the Belgian Gambling Committee is starting an investigation into the whole lootbox system.
It's kinda bad, since the newspapers all depict Overwatch (which is also under investigation), whose lootbox system I have no major problem with. It's purely cosmetics.
Imagine if all games were controlled by the government.. because that’s where we’re heading sadly.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
So the Belgian Gambling Committee is starting an investigation into the whole lootbox system.
It's kinda bad, since the newspapers all depict Overwatch (which is also under investigation), whose lootbox system I have no major problem with. It's purely cosmetics.
Imagine if all games were controlled by the government.. because that’s where we’re heading sadly.
Luckily it's only the gambling committee. The government hasn't got a fucking clue what games actually are, so we're good there.

Assassins Creed Origins is still not cracked..

Apparently the DRM is insane: every player movement requires a license check. So the license check is triggered every time you move in any way. Besides that some triggers hide behind a virtual machine which ramdomizes their appearance.

The DRM is called Denuvo, the 4.7 version remains uncracked.

Other games protected by this (and obviously not cracked yet)

• Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Injustice 2
  • Football Manager
  • Need For Speed Payback
  • Sonic Forces

Huh, a Denuvo that's not cracked yet? Color me surprised.
The Fractured But Whole was cracked pretty fast, which is also Ubisoft... Curious.

Stybar said:
The Fractured But Whole was cracked pretty fast, which is also Ubisoft... Curious.
That game was running v4.6 of Denuvo, which is cracked, the 4.7 is a lot tougher it appears.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
That game was running v4.6 of Denuvo, which is cracked, the 4.7 is a lot tougher it appears.
The fact that they would use 2 different versions for 2 games that were released relatively close to each other is what struck me as curious. Maybe Ubisoft only told the producers to implement some form of DRM, but not specifically what sort? In that case devs could willingly choose for an already cracked version to piss off Ubisoft if they want to.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
The fact that they would use 2 different versions for 2 games that were released relatively close to each other is what struck me as curious. Maybe Ubisoft only told the producers to implement some form of DRM, but not specifically what sort? In that case devs could willingly choose for an already cracked version to piss off Ubisoft if they want to.

In that case I guess all the TFBW would be fired by now.

Destiny 2 finally got a promise for some much needed updates and improvements. The general reaction on the subreddit is a mix of "sounds good!" and "the fuck is this?". I'm in the former camp.
Come to think of it, Destiny 2 currently reminds me a lot of Destiny 1 in its first year. Hopefully, it won't take two more years for the game to get its edge back. Currently it's too dumbed down to put serious effort in.

I like the hopeful sci-fi setting. Personal preferences I guess.
The best setting I ever saw however, was Shadowrun. I really love the heavy Urban Fantasy genre.

Installed F1 2017, WRC 7, Project Cars 2, Far Cry 4, Hunter
Thank God for crackers.

Expanded my PS4 collection during Black Friday last week.
Bought Nioh, Yakuza 0 and Nathan Drake Collection (Uncharted 1-3). They cost 60e in total with free shipping, so that went really well, also considering the fact they are physical copies.

That smell when you open new games case, hell yea. Never gets old

Mauri said:
That smell when you open new games case, hell yea. Never gets old
Still know and love that smell although my last physical game was GTA V for PS3 :3

And always wanted to play the Uncharted series, shame it's a PS exclusive.

Currently playing FC4 as well.
Mave, a tip: In the beginning, the bad guy leaves you alone at a dinner table (first time you get controls), and says he will be back soon. The mission indicator tells you to leave the room, but for a fun easter egg, STAY THERE. Wait for 20 minutes, and you get a surprise.

Stybar said:
Wait for 20 minutes
Will need to do this on my desktop then, I cannot wait 20 mins without being able to do something else on my laptop :biggrin:

Go hug your gf?

Also, I found out a fun tactic for once you have to start clearing out outposts.

Once you unlock the sidearm grenade launcher (early in the game), realize that you can use it while driving any vehicle. That includes choppers. This effectively turns you into an attack chopper.
Put on armor, load up on healing stuff, and fly over an outpost with launcher in hand. Go wild.

Play GGU1P6lBW6Q[/media]]this for full effect.

^ Video link derped, guess you meant

Which indeed is the most fitting song.

Man Dirty Rally is such a good racing sim. Played earlier today and love it.

oJozqZA.png

Back
Top Bottom