What were your childhood fears?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
For me it was fear of the dark. Bigtime.
I would look in my closets, under the bed, behind the curtains before going to bed. Especially after seeing some detective-series on TV.
Also clowns.

The dark. Especially when I read a book with featured some weird evil gray beaver pirate king who stabbed people on a wall. I constantly thought that the line between my door and my wall was the edge of his knife and that he was going to get me. Read the book a few months back, my God was it a ridiculous book. The beaver wasn't the least scary, he was plain stupid.

Well darkness was the obvious one, but one what I feared quite a lot too was the fever, and actually those side effects of it. I don't know what it's called in English, but basically when I had high fever, I sometimes started to imagine things, and stuff felt really weird. Like an example I felt myself really light, like super light, and carrying something like pen felt really weird and scary. That was some spooky shit and I always panicked when I started having fever.

And I also remember fearing priests when I was young. I actually hid myself to my dressing closet once when one visited at our home. Honestly I have no idea what caused the fear, but luckily I got over it quite quickly. :laugh:

@Mauri come to think of it, I also feared priests when I was younger.
And that fever sounds pretty fucking scary.

Mauri said:
I don't know what it's called in English, but basically when I had high fever, I sometimes started to imagine things.

You mean hallucinations?

Mauri said:
And I also remember fearing priests when I was young. I actually hid myself to my dressing closet once when one visited at our home. Honestly I have no idea what caused the fear, but luckily I got over it quite quickly. :laugh:

Some suppressed young boy issues with priests maybe? :troll:

Thinking about it, I don't really remember having a real fear from when I was a child.

SovareZza said:
Other than that I only ever really fear(ed) snakes

Yes, but you live in Australia. Snakes are up to 20 feet long and eat cows for dessert.

Stybar said:
SovareZza said:
Other than that I only ever really fear(ed) snakes

Yes, but you live in Australia. Snakes are up to 20 feet long and eat cows for dessert.
Snakes are nothing compared to the Spiders, and both of them get ass-fucked by drop bears. Seriously bro, that shit is fucking scary.

SovareZza said:
^somewhere with tornados (that possibly rip through people's houses at night)
Anck0.jpg

I had/have just two major childhood fears.
  • The dark; the obvious one. I was always fearing that aliens would kidnap me and I pleaded with them in my slightly insane mind to give me more time. I stopped fearing the dark around the time I turned 10 years old.
  • Spiders; they scare (and still do) the shit out of me, sometimes literally.

silvohex said:
I had/have just two major childhood fears.
  • The dark; the obvious one. I was always fearing that aliens would kidnap me and I pleaded with them in my slightly insane mind to give me more time. I stopped fearing the dark around the time I turned 10 years old.
  • Spiders; they scare (and still do) the shit out of me, sometimes literally.

You crap your pants when you see a spider?

Back
Top Bottom