What TV show scared the shit out of you as a kid?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Here's mine

zyYw6JU.jpg

Nope, I have to go with Mave on this one, Courage the Cowardly dog was scary as fuck.

Interesting sidenote: the entire setting of the show is to show you the world from a dog's eye. Courage lives with old people, who don't go on walks with him much. That's why the house is in a desert. Courage doesn't know much more than the house. All the villains aren't exactly scary natured. They are made scary, because they scare the dog. (Except the episode with the eggplants. What the fuck) So the Barber is scary, because the dog thinks it's scary.

Stybar said:
Interesting sidenote: the entire setting of the show is to show you the world from a dog's eye. Courage lives with old people, who don't go on walks with him much. That's why the house is in a desert. Courage doesn't know much more than the house. All the villains aren't exactly scary natured. They are made scary, because they scare the dog. (Except the episode with the eggplants. What the fuck) So the Barber is scary, because the dog thinks it's scary.

Never really thought about that, does makes sense though.
Also I should do a Courage the Cowardly Dog marathon with some friends sometime.

Mave said:
Stybar said:

Never really thought about that, does makes sense though.
Also I should do a Courage the Cowardly Dog marathon with some friends sometime.

Do it in a dark room, no lights and stoned off your ass. Really brings out the creepy of the show.

There was some TV show on every night from 5:55 - 6:00PM (before the Simpsons) and it showed some weird ass videos. For example, two kids finding dice that tell the numbers of things, but it makes bad things happen, and the kids try to bury them but the neighbour digs them up and gives them to the parents who win the lottery and then you hear screaming and it just ends.

Or some kid has to wear a motorbike helmet because on the backside of his head is another face except it is a skull that eventually eats a bully trying to find out why he's wearing the helmet.
Or the episode where there's an organised bully organisation run by some supernatural being and one bully is told to bully his little friend who he has to look after (is a girl) and then he tries to fake it but the supernatural being is her and ends up eating him or some shit.

It was scary as shit.

^Twilight Zone?

I'm watching Another right now (anime) and it's scary as shit. Scary enough to keep my Gf from sleeping anyway. Not scary as in crazy monsters or gore or anything, but a mighty suspense, terror, fear, creepy things. Kinda like a Stephen King novel.

SovareZza said:
There was some TV show on every night from 5:55 - 6:00PM (before the Simpsons) and it showed some weird ass videos. For example, two kids finding dice that tell the numbers of things, but it makes bad things happen, and the kids try to bury them but the neighbour digs them up and gives them to the parents who win the lottery and then you hear screaming and it just ends.

Or some kid has to wear a motorbike helmet because on the backside of his head is another face except it is a skull that eventually eats a bully trying to find out why he's wearing the helmet.
Or the episode where there's an organised bully organisation run by some supernatural being and one bully is told to bully his little friend who he has to look after (is a girl) and then he tries to fake it but the supernatural being is her and ends up eating him or some shit.

It was scary as shit.
Holy shit, do find the title please.

Twilight Zone perhaps? Multiple scary stories sounds Twilight Zone.

Stybar said:
Twilight Zone perhaps? Multiple scary stories sounds Twilight Zone.
Could be, never watched it. If Sova confirms I might watch a few.

I've never watched the Twilight Zone, although after reading up on it I think I just might.
Nah these are literally short stories, about 5 minutes in length shown every weekday at 5:55-6:00 :/ time to start an extensive google search!

I also need to find some Australian Zombie movie. Has to do with aliens and a meteor that 'causes the dead to be reanimated.

Also I never watched Courage.

Back
Top Bottom