[TUTORIAL] Using VMware Workstation to run many GTA_SA.exes at one time

Andre

Hi, guys!

As I promised I would make this tutorial once I get back to Estonia... here it is. Actually I had even more advanced version of this tutorial but since Firefox crashed for some awkward reason I lost 30 minutes worth of work.

First of all you need:
* VMware Workstation 6.5.2 build 156735
* Windows XP BLACK EDITION or any other OS you know how to work with
* at least 1gb RAM (you can do with less but then I recommend you spend only 256mb on your virtual machine ~ only make one!)

When downloading from torrent, don't forget to add those trackers:
http://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

When you have VMware installed, run it and this should appear:
1.png

Click on "New Virtual Machine" and a "New Virtual Machine Wizard" should appear.

2.png

Click on "typical" and then "next".

3.png

Then select "Installer disc image file (iso)" and select your Windows XP downloaded ISO file (links above).

4.png

Now insert any serial key you can find from the ISO disc readme files, or just use the one I found.
Password isn't needed though I put it "just in case" :tongue:

5.png

Name your virtual machine.
I named the first box "Windows XP Professional" and the second one "Windows XP Professional 2"

6.png

Select 8.0gb as the size of your virtual machine. I doubt you need much more because my GTA SA installation is 4.73gb with SA-MP installed and loads of screenshots in the folder.
Then hit "next" and when all the details you see are correct, click "Finish". Your virtual machine will start. Ofcourse the OS must install a while and when I had 2 OSes installing my quadcore machine lagged quite hard (this lead to the previous Firefox crash).

In the screenshot I have booted up both my machines:
8.png

Then drag your GTA:SA files to the desktop of your virtual machine.
7.png

I'm ready to go playing!
9.png

10.png

Here is the result:
11.png

Re: Using VMware Workstation to run many GTA_SA.exes at one time

Nice tut!

Just 3 things I don't understand:

1) "Then select "Installer disc image file (iso)" and select your Windows XP copy folder."
What's the "copy folder"?

2) You said just copy the files to the VM. It doesn't need installation?

3) Will it automatically connect to the internet? I've always had trouble connecting to the web from a Virtual Machine.

Interesting tut :O
But I really doubt my PC Can handle running this...

Zezombia said:
Nice tut!
Thanks!

Zezombia said:
1) "Then select "Installer disc image file (iso)" and select your Windows XP copy folder."
What's the "copy folder"?
I have specified. That is the Windows XP file you download (.iso extension).

Zezombia said:
2) You said just copy the files to the VM. It doesn't need installation?
You can also install GTA San Andreas if you think it is easier. All you have to do is put the CD to your DVDrom or mount it and then open it from your virtual machine from "My Computer". However I just copied (dragged) the files to my machine's desktop. Doing that you don't get the menu shortcuts and registry key entries (check out regedit if you have installed yours properly, search for gta_sa and you see what I mean), but who needs them in a virtual machine anyway?

Zezombia said:
3) Will it automatically connect to the internet? I've always had trouble connecting to the web from a Virtual Machine.
I haven't had issues with internet connection whatsoever.
The point I booted the machine up it worked like charm. All you need is to install the copy of the windows XP that I linked you to above. It has the necessary drivers.

so u can actually get our grank up to top 10 in notime with that? just spawn 50 players:)

CoNaN said:
so u can actually get our grank up to top 10 in notime with that? just spawn 50 players:)
If I had a spare machine which I could waste entirely on VMware I would do some extra players.
But since I have a quadcore I could imagine running 2 - 3 without noticeable lag all the time.

You guys and your advanced computers, Someone donate a couple K to me so I can get a better rig D:

I would really like to do this

I did it, I'm ingame as Mave and as Mave[Virtual]

ftw

Huhu nice tut !

Installing "Windows 7 62bit" right now ^^!
Cookie given.

Andre said:
* Windows XP BLACK EDITION or any other OS you know how to work with

[quote author=Mininova.org]Torrent not found...

The torrent you requested (id: 2524578) does not exist in our database.
This could mean that:
•The torrent was old, and automatically removed by our system. This happens if no torrent activity is recorded for a while.
•The torrent was removed by one of our moderators, for example because we received complaints from users.
•We received a copyright takedown request, and removed the torrent in compliance with our copyright policy.[/quote]

They started filtering their shit, remember? :mellow: :dry:

Lolz I know VMware, used it to check if my modded Vista installation would still work :tongue:

Anyways I was gonna follow this tutorial, but then I saw there were no images. So I downloaded and tried w/o any tutorial. It worked on the first try :tongue: . I don't why people need a tutorial for this to work. It's pretty self explanatory.

Maybe i should edit my video name to "How to install a virtual machine (For nubs) (HD) ROFL

Back
Top Bottom