The 'No guests' experiment [Ended]

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
The 'No guests' experiment
5Us7k.jpg

Starting from NOW guests won't be able to browse the forum.
This little experiment will last a few days, probably until Sunday.

Reason: The 'Past & Present' topic; 300 000+ views and less then 20 replies.
Also "142 Guests, 3 Users"

So here are the stats for NOW.
We'll see if a lot of people have registered by Sunday.

NoGuestsExperiment.png

Expectations: not many, we'll see what happens :pimp:

THE OUTCOME

Re: The 'No guests' experiment

Let's take a look what will happen.

3 new registrations already lol, now if only they'd get active.

Mave said:
3 new registrations already lol, now if only they'd get active.
I don't think they will. Whenever I come across a nice file which is on a forum where I need to register, I only register, download the file and then leave

^ Yeah I know, but then again if only 1 or 2 people would join our community I'd still be glad wit the result of this.
But indeed large chance that people only register and then play dead.

63 Registrations now btw.

When I go to a "No guests" forum to download something, I only check out the rest of the forum when the registration is fast and easy... Aka not too many security questions and e-mail confirmations etc. When it takes me 10 min to just register I'm gonna be pissed, download my sh*t and leave it for good :biggrin:

^ And in what category do you think we fit?

I registered like... years ago so I don't know how it is here :biggrin: As I don't remember having any problems with registration here I bet it's good tho :wink:

SO.

It's Sunday today, and the result of this little test is;

- 39 people decided to register
- 2 of them introduced themselves
- 0 of them stayed active

Conclusion;
The forum will re-open for guests as we don't 'profit' in any way from denying guests the access.
Maybe someday our active usergroup will be a lot bigger and then we can think again about denying guests forum access.

NoGuestsExperiment2.png

As of now, guests have forum access again.

Well, I'd have to say that this really raised the number of registers. I mean, yeah, if you look at it as in a number, nothing much changed.

But, I have to admit that if we would continue doing this for at least SOME time, we would get more active people. Because experimenting this for a week doesn't really change anything. If we'd do this for a month .. (We got about 60 more registers) .. There's 4 weeks in a month .. 60 x 4 = 240 .. 12 Months in a year .. 240 x 12 = 2880.

2880 Members in a year! - Not so bad in my opinion.

BUT, I think popular galleries in TMS helped out in this A LOT, so we'd have to have some topics such as 'Past & Present' every now and then.

I am really looking forward for TMS getting bigger!

2880 inactive members = 0 members.
Waste of database space imo. If people want to register they will, no point in making them register and they won't come back anyway.

^ Oh c'mon! There should be AT LEAST 10 people who would be active.

Of course there will be no active people coming if we don't believe they will come .__.

Make incentives for them to join and remain active. ie, weed.

cCLEw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom