The biggest word in English.

Aman1238

#swag
shiznit said:
Hardcore :celebrate:
New: SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
(yeap it's a word. I found when i googled "longest word in english")
S

That totally inspired me.

It is not a word.

Proof #1
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (pronounced /ˌsuːpɚˌkælɪˌfrædʒəlˌɪstɪkˌɛkspiːˌælɪˈdoʊʃəs/) is an English word in the song with the same title in the musical film Mary Poppins. The song was written by the Sherman Brothers, and sung by Julie Andrews and Dick van Dyke.
Since Mary Poppins was a period piece set in 1910, period sounding songs were wanted. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious sounds like contemporary music hall songs "Boiled Beef and Carrots" and "Any Old Iron".[1]

Proof #2
178_biggest word BS.jpg

more info at : here

The longest word in a Official dictionary is " Pnemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis " --I knew this when i was 10, i used to read "Educational" books. And i did NOT type that word with copy pasting. It may not be in a house dictionary but in MAJOR dictionaries it is a word. Its definition is that its a lung disease. This wird is 45 letters.

Unfortunately supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is in a Walt Disney song and is listed in the Oxford dictionary. But on the other side it means NOTHING. Its just a word in a song that seems to be big. But not big as Pnemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

So in a normal major dictionary the biggest word is Pnemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. AND it is NOT supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Now the records for a normal english (not including scientific words. )

1. PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS -- 45 letters. - lung disease.
2. HEPATICOCHOLANGIOCHOLECYSTENTEROSTOMIES -- 37 words. - a surgical creation of a connection between the gall bladder and a hepatic duct and between the intestine and the gall bladder.
3. SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS-- 37 - A word in a Walt Disney Song.
4. HIPPOPOTOMONSTROSESQUIPEDALIAN - 30 - pertaining to a very long word.
5. FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION -- 29 - an estimation of something as worthless.
There are a lot more but meh lot of work.

Now for the scientific word.

ACETYL SERYL TYROSYL SERYL ISO LEUCYL THREONYL SERYL PROLYL SERYL­GLUTAMINYL PHENYL ALANYL VALYL PHENYL ALANYL LEUCYL SERYL SERYL VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL ALANYL ASPARTYL PROLYL ISOLEUCYL GLUTAMYL LEUCYL LEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL VALYL CYSTEINYL THREONYL SERYL SERYL LEUCYL GLYCYL­ASPARAGINYL GLUTAMINYL PHENYL ALANYL GLUTAMINYL THREONYL GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL ALANYL ARGINYL THREONYL THREONYL GLUTAMINYL VALYL­GLUTAMINYL GLUTAMINYL PHENYL ALANYL SERYL GLUTAMINYL VALYL TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL PROLYL PHENYL ALANYL PROLYL GLUTAMINYL SERYL THREONYL VALYL­ARGINYL PHENYL ALANYL PROLYL GLYCYL ASPARTYL VALYL TYROSYL LYSYL VALYL­TYROSYL ARGINYL TYROSYL ASPARAGINYL ALANYL VALYL LEUCYL ASPARTYL­PROLYL LEUCYL ISOLEUCYL THREONYL ALANYL LEUCYL LEUCYL GLYCYL THREONYL­PHENYL ALANYL ASPARTYL THREONYL ARGINYL ASPARAGINYL ARGINYL ISOLEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL GLUTAMYL VALYL GLUTAMYL ASPARAGINYL GLUTAMINYL GLUTAMINYL­SERYL PROLYL THREONYL THREONYL ALANYL GLUTAMYL THREONYL LEUCYL­ASPARTYL ALANYL THREONYL ARGINYL ARGINYL VALYL ASPARTYL ASPARTYL­ALANYL THREONYL VALYL ALANYL ISOLEUCYL ARGINYL SERYL ALANYL ASPARAGINYL­ISOLEUCYL ASPARAGINYL LEUCYL VALYL ASPARAGINYL GLUTAMYL LEUCYL VALYL­ARGINYL GLYCYL THREONYL GLYCYL LEUCYL TYROSYL ASPARAGINYL GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL THREONYL PHENYL ALANYL GLUTAMYL SERYL METHIONYL SERYL­GLYCYL LEUCYL VALYL TRYPTOPHYL THREONYL SERYL ALANYL PROLYL ALANYL­SERINE
1,185 letters. was lazy to cut the spaces :\
Yes it is a word but only for abnormal people.

Biggest Place name --

TAUMATAWHAKATANGIHANGAKOAUAUOTAMATEATURIPUKAKAPIKIMAUNGA­HORONUKUPOKAIWHENUAKITANATAHU -- 85 letters -- A hill in New Zealand. This Maori name was in general use, but is now generally abbreviated to Taumata.

So now who ever thinks that Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is the biggest word in English then you're wrong. According to a normal major dictionary Pnemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is the biggest word and of course the scientific names but they dont count as they are only used by scientists.

Thanks Shiznit to make me research this !

I have "the biggest English word" in my Ginus World Records 2006 book :O, let me see if I can find it.

I love how you can spell "Pnemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" but you spelled word wrong in the next sentence. :laugh:

Yaheli said:
I love how you can spell "Pnemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" but you spelled word wrong in the next sentence. :laugh:

That made my day :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom