Smartphone Discussion

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Yeah, and a $999 pricetag...
I'm sorry, awesome though it may be, I'm not willing to pay that much for a phone. Especially for a phone that's gonna come preloaded with a shitload of bloatware you can't disable, like Samsung tends to do.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Yeah, and a $999 pricetag...
I'm sorry, awesome though it may be, I'm not willing to pay that much for a phone. Especially for a phone that's gonna come preloaded with a shitload of bloatware you can't disable, like Samsung tends to do.
Bloatware is the worst part about Android without a doubt. It's why I find (found) Nexus and Pixel appealing.

Stybar

AndroidOne is the program that you're looking for, then. It's a specific version of Android without bloatware. Nokia phones are part of this program too.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
AndroidOne is the program that you're looking for, then. It's a specific version of Android without bloatware. Nokia phones are part of this program too.
But can any Android phone easily be ‘rooted’ to install that OS?

Stybar

But can any Android phone easily be ‘rooted’ to install that OS?
Sort of... You can install custom versions of Android, but it's best if they are built for your model specifically. Luckily, the open source community is pretty large, so modified version are not that hard to find.
However, this obviously voids your warranty. And the chance of something not working anymore is pretty present.
So, it's best to stick with the Android version your phone comes with, hence my preference for phones that are included in the AndroidOne program :)

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Sort of... You can install custom versions of Android, but it's best if they are built for your model specifically. Luckily, the open source community is pretty large, so modified version are not that hard to find.
However, this obviously voids your warranty. And the chance of something not working anymore is pretty present.
So, it's best to stick with the Android version your phone comes with, hence my preference for phones that are included in the AndroidOne program :)
I like the designs of those Nokias

Stybar

Yeah, and the battery life on my 7+ is fucking great. Even a year later, I still have over 50% left at the end of the day... More, if use my phone less.

Top Bottom