[Serious] Death penalty

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Do you think it's okay that murderers are killed for their actions?
Can we kill people who killed people as a punishment? (isn't that hypocrite ?)
Can we just take a man's life?

Do you support the idea of Death Penalty?

Re: Death penalty

I don't think anyone should be allowed to handout death penalties, I mean, for example, lets say Mave is a judge, who is he to end someones life? Yes in society he is a judge, however he shouldn't have control over someone living or not, And neither should the killer, but he has already killed that person, the judge has a choice, which in my opinion he shouldn't be allowed to.

^ I share the same opinion. You can't decide over someone's life.
The judge would become a 'murderer' himself. Even if it's 'his job'.
I don't think someone should be allowed to decide whether a person gets to live or not.

It totally depends on the case in my opinion.
If you have a serial killer in custidy with one little piece of evidence that it is him, I wouldn't do it. Since he/she might be innocent. Any other case like this I would also say no death penelty.

But then on the other hand you have these people like Sadam Husein, Stalin, Kim jon Ill (or so).... etc.
Those people have commited such huge crimes that just death is not enough in my opninion.
Those are the people that killed hundreds, not thousends of people just because they wanted to stay in power.
Those kind of people at least deserver the death penelty.

You make a very good point too, Impulse.
There's definitely a difference between someone who was drunk-driving and killed someone and someone like Saddam Hussein.

I don't believe anyone should have the right to chose who lives and who dies. What I want to know the answer to is: Why do serial killers... kill?

1) If they are insane, then they generally have no control over they're actions. It's even less then drunk driving, because you didn't chose to be intoxicated.
2) If someone could Really have been pushed and pushed into murder, then who's to blame? The pushers, or the one who retaliates?
-> Or what about the people who have been pushed into madness.

I personally don't believe a sane man can blindly murder without reason. I mean, when your in a fight with someone, someone pulls out a knife and stabs the other person, that's not exactly blindly mass murdering. That's being a childish fool who needs some serious rehabilitation. Same with gang wars. They're usually based on race aren't they? So is every "legal" war that has ever existed (except civil wars of course). Can a soldier not be a murder, just because he was ordered to murder?

And lets not forget the countless times that innocent people where ordered to the death penalty. The only way I see it appropriate to end someones life is:

1) If they admitted to the serious crime, and
2) They have asked to be relieved instead of spending the rest of they're life in jail. I know there's many that would take this option.

But of course you have to understand my opinion is bias towards atheism. I don't believe in wars. Or laws at that matter.

I think death penalty should be changed into torture.
Like child molesters etc. would get their private part cut off , some beating up and stuff than put to jail.

[m=Mave]Removed the quote, it's totally unnecessary.[/m]

@ Fusty, That would never happen, That's 100% violation of the humane society.

Even though these idiots have done bad things, They shouldn't be tortured their fate should be decided by our government.

[TMS]FrostBytez said:
@ Fusty, That would never happen, That's 100% violation of the humane society.

Even though these idiots have done bad things, They shouldn't be tortured their fate should be decided by our government.

But who want's to be run by a government? I for one don't wish to be apart of government, but do it because "we have no choice", and yeh, It's very much illegal to remove genitalia from people or any other body part.

What do you mean that "You" don't want to be run by the government?

We're talking about people who commit crimes, Not us. (Unless you commit crimes ::))

I personally wouldn't respect someone being let loose after they've done something horrible.

Like impulse said, it depends on what the case is (IMO).
Like that guy that was on the news in Holland.
Why? He shot 10 random people with a sniper, out of his trunk (Car :mellow:). In Washington.
He got a lethal injection, and he had no emotions at all.
These kind of guys deserve it imo.
If he didn't got the death penalty, he would probably get out of jail. (Or life sentence, dunno) And maybe he would shoot even more people when he got out of jail.
And we don't want that to happen :-\.

But if we're talking about small crimes, no death penalty then. Just some time in jail

He was probably crazy. Handicapped. He belongs in an insane asylum, not dead. Like I stated before, being mental is a lesser crime then drunk driving, because you don't chose to become intoxicated.

For some guys death is an easy way out, they should at least spend the rest of their life behind bars.

Back
Top Bottom