SA-MP Forum & Website & Wiki HACKED

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Important Notice:

It's our duty to inform the SA-MP community that the servers that run the SA-MP web site and forum have become the target of a hacker.

On the 6th of June 2010, a hacker, whose IP address originated from France, exploited the software that runs the SA-MP forum and installed a back door on our servers. This back door was then used, illegally, to download a large amount of data from our servers.

The data downloaded includes user information from the forum and wiki. Even though the password information stored in the database is encrypted, we would still like to urge anyone who is registered on the SA-MP forum to consider this very important notice:

If you have used the same password on the SA-MP forum anywhere else, especially on any e-mail accounts, we urge you to change those passwords immediately!

Unfortunately, it is not safe to bring back the forum or wiki at this stage. We are collecting and preserving evidence of the attack for submission to authorities and to aid in their investigations.

http://www.sa-mp.com/

That would be when it was posted, the forums and wiki have been down for about a week I think.

Perkins said:
No more SA:MP Forum ? Jesus Christ !
Time to head over to the MTA forums etc :tongue:

Though it sucks pretty hard for those who want to be on a "cencored" community

First of all the person who did this isn't french but used a french VPN. Additionally it was just a matter of time before SA-MP's SMF one forums were sodomized due to the SMF ONE platform not having been updated for years with apparent security flaws.

And I doubt the forums will ever be back due to the leaked database (which includes the SHA1'd passwords which can be cracked though).

Well this might be the final blow to SA-MP and they might finally give up all together.

Andre said:
First of all the person who did this isn't french but used a french VPN. Additionally it was just a matter of time before SA-MP's SMF one forums were sodomized due to the SMF ONE platform not having been updated for years with apparent security flaws.

And I doubt the forums will ever be back due to the leaked database (which includes the SHA1'd passwords which can be cracked though).

Agreed.

I made a thread suggesting they upgrade to a newer version of SMF due to security exploits.

They did not listen..

Andre said:
I suppose your thread was deleted? :tongue:

Thread locked and i got a 7-day suspension for:
"Flaming, 7 day ban"

The thread escalated to a flame war after the one of the mods continued to argue why it was BETTER to stay on the old version.

Well? PROVED THEM WRONG!

Since SA-MP is close to dying, we should make a video-guide of how to start playing on SFSFv3 from scratch;
For example;

1) Have SA installed on your pc and make sure it's v1
2) Download SA-MP.exe from SFSFv3.us
3) Add the IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx to your favorites
4) Click Join game

Mave said:
Since SA-MP is close to dying, we should make a video-guide of how to start playing on SFSFv3 from scratch;
For example;

1) Have SA installed on your pc and make sure it's v1
2) Download SA-MP.exe from SFSFv3.us
3) Add the IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx to your favorites
4) Click Join game

Good idea, gonna make it RIGHT AWAY! :biggrin:

EDIT: SFSFv3.us is down?

Back
Top Bottom