SA-MP 0.3 - Release Date, Features, Screens, Videos

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
SA-MP 0.3 - Release Date, Features, Screens, Videos

* Screens and videos are from the public beta tests.
More tests will take in the next 2 weeks

Beta tests are officially over.

Release Date

Expected at the end of August 2009.

Information

New features so far noticed (credits to Weedarr)

- Plane and train bots traveling to every major airport and train station.
- Ability to get drunk
- Playerlist is now toggled
- New chatbox
- New chatbox scrolling graphics
- Improved vehicle surfing
- Single handed pistol (usually double) You can "SetPlayerWeaponSkill" for every weapon now
- You can click peoples names on the player list, and /pm id will appear in the text box.
- New Feature: You can select your class with mouse (GUI System)
- Car body damage is visible
- No more vinewood sign (Thanks Woozie)
- New bootscreen (Thanks Woozie)

Wiki 0.3 Features

http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Category:Added_in_0.3

Screens from the first public beta test

http://themavesite.com/sa-mp/0.3ScreensPublicBetaTest1.html

Screens from the second beta test

http://themavesite.com/sa-mp/0.3ScreensPublicBetaTest2.html

General Screens

* All screens' width has been resized to 800px for your inconvenience

No more "Vinewood logo"

TMS_SA-MP_0.3_NoMoreVinewoodLogo.jpg

New "loading screen"

TMS_SA-MP_0.3_NewLoadingScreen.jpg

Videos

Bl-I-6kzKfU[/media]#ws-lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd]SA-MP 0.3 Public Beta Test #2

lKCIQd7Qw6w[/media]#ws-lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd]San Andreas Multiplayer - 0.3a Pre-RC - 2nd Semi-Public Beta

UTJ3H9kZufA[/media]#lq-lq2-hq]SAMP 0.3 Beta Test 2

OIJ9bBLea74[/media]#ws-lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd]SAMP 0.3 RC1 BETA Thing

QcecAgMc-Mw[/media]#ws-lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd]SA-MP 0.3 public beta - Vehicle surfing and sync show off

P4FLuwAnaSM[/media]#ws-lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd]San Andreas Multiplayer - 0.3a Pre-RC - 1st Semi-Public Beta

FSi-eFiMO4M[/media]#lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd]GTA San Andreas SA:MP 0.3a RC Public Test first

gpfFtYA-Tss[/media]#lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd]SA:MP 0.3a-preRC1

Zpa0SPvg2Pc[/media]#lq-lq2-hq-vhq]SA:MP 0.3 preRC1 Public Beta Test #2

url]

[url=[/media]http://www.#ws-lq-lq2-hq-vhq]SA:MP 0.3 Beta test #2

iAPVpv5R2Dk[/media]#lq-lq2-hq-vhq]SA-MP v.0.3 Beta-Test by ManU

lNef8jibNoY[/media]#lq-lq2-hq-vhq]SA-MP 0.3 Public Beta Test 2 (Grand theft auto: San andreas Multi-Player)

WJrVY2hc9V8[/media]#lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd]SA-MP 0.3 Public Beta Testing #2 Drink Fest[/url]

When I saw the first people posting screens about samp 0.3 testing, I couldn't believe them. But I know now thats its true and thats great!
But I won't prefer one of the two mods, MTA and SA-MP. I play them both, because they are really different and both of them are making fun in different ways.

"Single handed pistol (usually double)"

Thats not single handed pistol, you can "SetPlayerWeaponSkill" for every weapon, weapon skills were set to medium or something.

SA-MP 0.3 is promising to be great. :gangster:
SFSFv2 will immediately switch to 0.3 when the server pack is released. Even if I find that out 1am, I will give myself a few hours to make the script recognize and use the latest functions of SA-MP. From what I've seen from betas and heard, there sure are new functions to engage, take this for example:
MaTrIx4057 said:
"Single handed pistol (usually double)"

Thats not single handed pistol, you can "SetPlayerWeaponSkill" for every weapon, weapon skills were set to medium or something.
This is promising to be epic when it can be set for a player and a weapon, so we can bring coolness into our weapon pack thing.

Mave said:
- New Feature: You can select your class with mouse (GUI System)
This is a feature of the Grand Larceny server. However I hope that there will be a fully customizeable system for GUIs, so we can use them for much more than just class selection. As I spoke about the weapon pack upgrading before, we could bring this to a GUI itself.

Additionally, almost 1,5 years ago I posted my idea about downloadable content and custom sounds. The custom sound has been made, but with a separate client players have to download which brings in some port mess. I would love to see some cool functions with the sound specially, so we could make server(s) even better! Downloadable content would be like in MTA - so you could download custom skins that server could use for vehicles, etc. etc. This would be total win for SA-MP and would make it the best mod ever.

My expectations for 0.3 are very high. I hope that there will be no problems with textdraws, I hope that the vehicle limit is MAXED out (well I know it is 2500) and we can bring in our advanced vehicle pack (we've been hanging around 670 cars on the server for months). I hope there are no limits for pickups, objects, textdraws, menus, GUIs that would keep us from scripting something so great.

Added kc's video
It's the first video in the list now, it's a sync showoff, really worth watching..

Oh well the previous betas were announced on IRC. But if they plan on 500-player beta then homepage yeah.

Updated !

Added

Screens from the first public beta test

http://themavesite.com/sa-mp/0.3ScreensPublicBetaTest1.html

Screens from the second beta test

http://themavesite.com/sa-mp/0.3ScreensPublicBetaTest2.html

So no more slow page load on this page :tongue:

Mave said:
Plane and train bots traveling to every major airport and train station.

I think thats scripted by the actor system. Not a feature in itself.

Yes, that's an actor. However if we get actor functions, SFSFv2 will rock _even more_.
Anyways, my hopes are up for a 4-player server beta, so we can get our hands on the newest and coolest functions. If we knew them and had a chance to test them before the release, we would have something AWESOME ready for when 0.3 launches.

Well, whenever something is changed to the MTA that they are working on the host that version for server owners to download (other people as well) so they can check if their scripts will work

Back
Top Bottom