Really great story in light of so many bad things that have been happening.

satisfiction

This one got me. Really amazing kids for doing this for this guy.

Nominees For Homecoming King At Tennessee High School Give Crown to Student With Neurological Disorder

Bssg4pf.jpg

Scotty Maloney is this year's homecoming king at Unionville Community High School in Unionville, Tenn. Maloney didn't win a vote of his peers, nor was he nominated. Instead, Maloney was awarded the crown by the school's three finalists for homecoming king — they wanted to honor Maloney, who suffers from Williams Syndrome, which is a neurological disorder that limits his ability to learn and speak.

It is a rare heartwarming story during yet another time in American history where it feels like the only news to come out of schools involve guns. Unionville student Jesse Cooper, who actually won the popular vote, explained the group's decision to WKRN-ABC in in Nashville.

"I've been blessed with so many things," said Jesse Cooper, who won the popular vote for king. "I just wanted Scotty to experience something great in his high school days."

According to various reports, Maloney received a 30-second standing ovation at a rally in the school's gym last week.

"When they called [Scotty's] name, his eyes got really big and I don't know that he registered exactly what was happening. He knew something was," Maloney's teacher Liz Hestle Gassaway told ABCNews.com. "It was very, very emotional."

Maloney has worn the medal given to the homecoming king to class everyday and will get to crown the winner next year. So, yes, nice things still do happen.

Source: http://gawker.com/5978877?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Fixed the article in your post, looks better

This is really nice, put a smile on my face.

Thank you for fixing that! I was at a loss as to how to do so. I was really touched by this. At first I was worried that the kids had done it as a prank or something to be mean, but it seems really genuine. Just an amazing thing to do.

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom