nVidia Unveils Dual GPU GTX 590

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
nVidia unveiled their answer to the Radeon HD 6990 today – the GeForce GTX 590. It’s a dual GPU card with 1,024 CUDA cores and 3GB of GDDR5 on board. It’s much slower than analysts were expecting, however, and failed to dethrone the Radeon in tests.

At $699, you’d do best to go with the 6990 for now if you’re planning to upgrade to the latest tech any time soon.

zGRxa.jpg

Often actually, my case panel is off and I regularly check how much cat hair/dust is getting in the fan

It does have 4 HDMI ports, plus I think there are some little addons for your DVI cable to make it fit into a HDMI port. Also, from what I understand, DVI and HDMI use the same decoding so you can basically put a HDMI cable into a monitor which has DVI

Impulse said:
It does have 4 HDMI ports, plus I think there are some little addons for your DVI cable to make it fit into a HDMI port. Also, from what I understand, DVI and HDMI use the same decoding so you can basically put a HDMI cable into a monitor which has DVI

From my experience, HDMI sucks :\

GPow69 said:
Impulse said:

From my experience, HDMI sucks :\

Why does it suck?

When I plugged my monitor in on HDMI, the picture was extremely fuzzy and pixel-ey, and the entire screen wasn't filled (Black borders on all 4 sides, so not true 1920x1080

^I heard that had to do with the cable you're using :/

I have a gold-plated HDMI cable that I bought with 15 euros or something back in 2009 for the PS3.

MiRc34 said:
^I heard that had to do with the cable you're using :/

Well I tried both the cable that came with the monitor and the golden one I have for my home theater, neither worked properly

Back
Top Bottom