Microsoft offers students free Xbox with PC buy

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Microsoft is offering a deal to students on the edge of summer.

M5ZDO.jpg

Starting May 22, students who buy a new PC for $699 or more will receive a free Xbox 360 4GB console, the software giant said in a blog post today. The offer is available to online shoppers who buy a PC from Dell.com, HP.com, or Microsoft's online store. Those who want to head to a retail outlet can find the deal at Best Buy or Microsoft's stores.

In order for students to get the free Xbox 360, they will need to have .edu e-mail address at the time of purchase. If they don't have a .edu e-mail address, they can go to a retail store and present their student IDs.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 4GB console currently retails for $200. The hardware features built-in Wi-Fi and comes with a black Xbox 360 wireless controller. Those who want additional storage will need to buy a hard drive separately.

The Xbox 360 has been performing exceptionally well at retail as of late. According to research firm NPD, the software giant sold 297,000 Xbox 360 units in April and bested Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's Wii. Microsoft said that the Xbox 360 has been the best-selling console in 10 of the last 11 months.

Microsoft's free Xbox 360 offer is valid through September 3, or while supplies last. The offer will be coming to Canada and France "soon," Microsoft said.

Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20064263-17.html?tag=topTechContentWrap;mostShared

GPow69 said:
NO.

USE THE PC FOR GAMES, DUMBASSES.
Indeed.

And what the hell? Give students Xbox's? Do they plan on not making anyone educated? xD Everyone will just be playing Xbox's throughout the college XD

Consoles are good, and as for myself I like to play console more than PC, so I really don't get it why PC gamers hates them so much. I really don't get it.

Mauri said:
Consoles are good, and as for myself I like to play console more than PC, so I really don't get it why PC gamers hates them so much. I really don't get it.

It's all opinion. Any reason you like console better?

The reasons why I preferred consoles over PC at one time was because of the cost, and compatibility. I didn't need to worry about if my console could run it or not. But the downside was toned down graphics.

Panki said:
It's just for mocking others :tongue:

Which isn't funny at all. :unsure:

It's (obviously) true that PC is better because of all of those features, but as for me as a shitty laptop owner, console is the only platform where I can play games well without any problems.

But everyone has opinions, though I don't like how sometimes people shows it *looking GPow's first post now*.

If you buy a $700 laptop it's probably able to play games better than an xbox anyway, justifying what I said since I was referring to that. In your case yes I can see why you'd prefer a console over a PC because the PC isn't built for modern games. However if you do have a good PC there's really no question imo..

Aman1238 said:
The reasons why I preferred consoles over PC at one time was because of the cost, and compatibility. I didn't need to worry about if my console could run it or not. But the downside was toned down graphics.
Actually that is somewhat an upside, the toned down grapihcs, if you think about it. The game companies need to optimize the games to the best of their capability thus resulting into games needing less power to play thus you needing a not so uberfantastic PC to play the game.

Impulse said:
Aman1238 said:
Actually that is somewhat an upside, the toned down grapihcs, if you think about it. The game companies need to optimize the games to the best of their capability thus resulting into games needing less power to play thus you needing a not so uberfantastic PC to play the game.

Upside for game companies, downside for gamers who want the best possible experience

Back
Top Bottom