Man wrongly jailed for 27 years walks free ... and is hit by a taxi

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
The man released after spending 27 years in jail for a murder he did not commit has spent his first weekend of freedom in hospital after being hit by a taxi.

Sean Hodgson needed stitches in his face after being struck by the cab as he was about to cross a busy road in London.

His solicitor said the accident was just one example of how difficult it was for Mr Hodgson to adjust to life on the outside after nearly three decades behind bars.

article-1164405-03F83D1B000005DC-657_468x363.jpg

Bitter taste of freedom: Sean Hodgson, left, with his brother Pete leaves the High Court before they headed for the pub - where Sean had to be stopped from lighting up

Mr Hodgson was convicted in 1982 of killing barmaid Teresa De Simone after he confessed to the murder while in prison for another offence.

But the 58-year-old was finally released last week after new DNA evidence came to light proving he could not have committed the 1979 murder.

Declaring himself 'ecstatic' as he left the Royal Courts of Justice last Thursday, Mr Hodgson headed straight for the pub for a pint with his brother Peter and the £46 prison discharge grant he had in his pocket.

Source : DailyMail

Now that's one unlucky guy... :O

Holy shit, that's some really bad shit... and I'm not talking about the taxi accident, but spending best years of his life in jail because of something he didn't do? That's fucking up the person's life. I mean for something he did not commit, he gets 27 years in jail. That's a fucking fail.

Probably if I were in that situation, I wouldn't bother asking for moneys and shit, but imaging it now, I would take like a million for every year I spent in jail, so I could set off to a private island of mine, where I would have private plane, yachts, jets, house with 10 bedrooms and shit like hottubs and pools, then an internet connection of course, some cool mates who could live there too and all that shit, lulz. And the world's biggest pool and shit, also a 1gb fiber net connection speed.

If I would get that house with all addons I described, I would take less money I think, like 10 mills instead.

Back
Top Bottom