Looking for new games to play

shiznit

I just got myself a proper gaming rig and I'm looking for some new games to play.
Some that have caught my eye:
Borderlands 1 and 2
BioShock
Mafia 2
Have you guys played any of these and do you have anything else to suggest me? I can pretty much play anything, only games I don't like are Red Alert type games. Also I'm not interested in putting a ton of money into games I'm not gonna play for more than a year. Please feel free to suggest me anything :)
Games I have already played:
All GTA games
All Half-Life games
Killing Floor
L4D
cs
cod
The Godfather
FlatOut 2
All NFS games
Knight Online
Duke Nukem
There are more but these are the games I enjoyed playing very much(cod not so much) and I hope it gives you an idea of what I like :)

Bioshock is one of my favorite franchises. Its story is great, gameplay is amazing, but make sure to either play it during broad daylight or in a dark room if you like to be scared.

Borderlands is also amazing. Great gameplay, but the graphics have to grow on you. The entire style is a bit different than other games. The writers have an insane sense of humor. It's not as crazy as SR, but still makes you laugh all the time. Make sure you have the DLC's as well!

And, as Mave suggested, play Just Cause 2. You have to like it, because it's a long game to get to 100%, but it's great fun.

All three are fun to play, and not that expensive anymore. (except BL2, but you get good bang for your buck)

Now for new suggestions:

Mass Effect.
Basically Dragon Age in space with guns. You have to defeat giant alien overlords, and have to use an entire multiracial team to do so. Part 3 does have a disappointing ending, and ME1 takes a while to get into/through, but it's by far my favorite franchise ever.

Dragon Age.
It's like Mass Effect with swords. Fight off a evil dragon using magic, swords and backstabbing. You get to use a multiracial team, each member with its own special powers. Great fun, but avoid part 2. It's evil.

Portal.
Portal 1 only exists on PC, and while you don't really miss much if you skip it, you'll miss a couple of jokes and a tiny bit of background in part 2. Incredible story, great gameplay. A must-play.

Mirror's Edge.
A freerunning game. You have to jump from rooftop to rooftop in a gripping story. Another must-play.

Fallout.
Fallout 1 and 2 are more top down, strategic-like shooters. 3 and NV are more FPS games. Nothing like CoD though, you have to roam a pretty damn big open world in search for stuff, and you find all sorts of weapons and armor. Basically, Skyrim with guns. Or better said, Skyrim is Fallout with swords.

Brink.
Not that expensive, and not the best title of the list, but still pretty fun to play. It's more MMO aimed, and the fact that it's not that popular gives it a firm kick in the cock. FPS.

Rage.
Similar to Fallout, but with better graphics, less weapons, and added cars. It's fun, but anticlimactic.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I'm gonna check all those games out and I'm sure I will find at least a year full of entertainment :) Thanks again!

Cave Story, Garry's Mod, HL1 and 2, Bastion, Battlefield Bad Company 2, BioShock, Metro 2033, Kerbal Space Program, Super Meat Boy...

Made a stupid mistake, I clicked quote instead of modify, ignore this post!

Back
Top Bottom