Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
You can download the new beta here: http://www.beautyoftheweb.com/

Don't go 'ie sucks' before you try it.

Every other IE was a joke compared to this.

It's fast for a change. They did borrow ideas from other browsers but so did firefox and chrome from opera which is a trendsetter
I guess the IE developers really listened to the users for a change.
I'm definitely going to try out the full version when it releases.

2n8pnxv.jpg

Well IE didn't really 'suck' for me. It just wasn't AS good as the other browsers. I still used it over FF in school. But now I use Portable Chrome :)

Nice information, thanks. I'm downloading it now :)

IE (8) is actually almost as fast as Chrome and Opera for me on my PC, and I've seen some pretty impressive things about 9. Finally IE won't be the most hated browser :biggrin: (Most likely it will be something like Safari now)

Aman1238 said:
I still used it over FF in school. But now I use Portable Chrome :)

I would use Chrome portable in school, but the school's computers can't handle how many tabs I have open xD So I use Opera portable which is nice.

We got FF portable installed at school, and it doesn't work because you need admin rights. Haha. How ironic.

Anyways, I DLed the normal version, and it works.

Panki said:
We got FF portable installed at school, and it doesn't work because you need admin rights. Haha. How ironic.

Anyways, I DLed the normal version, and it works.
We have the normal version installed in the school server, because they use it for grades and other stuff... But I choose to use IE (Well now Chrome) instead.

Don't go 'ie sucks' before you try it.

Every other IE was a joke compared to this.
I remember these words from the IE 8 Beta thread. But I can be wrong.

Even if IE 9 is a good browser, we will have to wait more than 2 years again and it will be outdated again. Their release cycle is too big and is unhealthy for the web development.
Microsoft should make small browser updates ONLY updating the HTML/CSS/Javascript, .. support. No huge rewrites or speed improvements needed.

Remis said:
Even if IE 9 is a good browser, we will have to wait more than 2 years again and it will be outdated again. Their release cycle is too big and is unhealthy for the web development.
Microsoft should make small browser updates ONLY updating the HTML/CSS/Javascript, .. support. No huge rewrites or speed improvements needed.
Agreed.
IE 9 does suck, because it's taken far too long to get to beta stage. By the time it's released, other web browsers will be way ahead of it, again, with newer standards supported, speed improvements, etc.

Well it won't 'suck' on release.
It will suck when other browsers upgrade themselves, because it'll get behind again.

Back
Top Bottom