Help me deciding

Killer7

Basically there is an awesome deal for a MSI laptop here on my country, my Vaio F11 will be 2 years old this month but it can't really play most of the new games on full hd or a res close to it like 1600*900.

So should i get this laptop, wait for the new cpu/gpu generation or maybe get a deskptop and keep my vaio for uni work although i would prefer getting a laptop because is much more convenient for me.

MSI Laptop specs (1130€):
http://www.wsi-bg.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1443&category_id=127&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=43

My Vaio F11 specs (was 1300€ when i got it):
VAIO Display Premium Full HD Matte Display
Intel® Core™ i7-720QM
6gb ram
500gb Hard drive
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M

Also if you are in Europe and know a better deal tell me :)

If you're serious about gaming, ALWAYS go with desktop. A laptop just can not provide the same experience as a desktop rig of similar quality.

Well i am not a hardcore gamer, i can still enjoy playing on 330m so with a 570m i should be good for 3-4 years. If i got a desktop i could only play when i get home where with a laptop i can enjoy playing it on uni house.

Killer7 said:
Well i am not a hardcore gamer, i can still enjoy playing on 330m so with a 570m i should be good for 3-4 years. If i got a desktop i could only play when i get home where with a laptop i can enjoy playing it on uni house.

If a laptop is much more convenient for you and you're not a hardcore gamer, then I would definitely go with the laptop.
PS: Get back active =D

Desktops are always better if you want high performance.
If you are bent on getting a laptop however, I would suggest you look for a laptop like this: Asus N73SV
Enough power to get you going on most of the high end games (plays Skyrim on high easily), yet is not as expensive (I bought mine for little less then 850€).
I suggest you take the quad core, of course :tongue:

Stybar said:
Desktops are always better if you want high performance.
If you are bent on getting a laptop however, I would suggest you look for a laptop like this: Asus N73SV
Enough power to get you going on most of the high end games (plays Skyrim on high easily), yet is not as expensive (I bought mine for little less then 850€).
I suggest you take the quad core, of course :tongue:

I know that desktops have much more performance but if i got one i wouldn't be using as much because it would stay at my house where i won't be 5 days per week.

That asus laptop (i hate asus laptops) has a 540m and most likely 1366*768 resolution which in comparison that the MSI which has a 570m (gaming gpu) and 1920*1080 for a bit more the MSI wins for me.
And about the cpu, i kinda regret having an i7, pretty sure a decent i5 gets the job done for me and produces less heat.

Killer7 said:
That asus laptop (i hate asus laptops) has a 540m and most likely 1366*768 resolution which in comparison that the MSI which has a 570m (gaming gpu) and 1920*1080 for a bit more the MSI wins for me.
And about the cpu, i kinda regret having an i7, pretty sure a decent i5 gets the job done for me and produces less heat.

It also has a 1080p screen, no worries :tongue:
Your choice, if you like the MSI better, go for it, I'm just giving alternatives :)

Back
Top Bottom