[GTA SA] Weird problem in GTA SA

shiznit

So i transferred my SA from old pc to new and the cars handle differently on the new one(yes i have mods). For example when i release the throttle the cars seem to brake a little. and my favorite car is way less tail happy so it's not as fun to drive :( Anybody has an idea what could be causing that and how to change it?

Re: Weird problem in GTA SA

Change of handling seems like a different handling.cfg file. Did you just reinstall it, or did you really copy it? Steam version or other version? To get the handling from your old game, look for your old handling.cfg file on your old PC. Copy that to your new PC in the same location, and it should be fixed.

Perhaps you installed a handling mod a really long time ago, and forgot about it?
Normally the handling shouldn't change if you copy the folder.
Also copy the gta_sa.set from your documents, you never know. (maybe some sensitivity settings?)

I've had this problem as well at some point. Do you use a controller with SA? If you do the dead zone might be set wrong. Also, iirc, restarting my PC fixed it for me.

Mave said:

It could, if Steam decided it needs to replace the file. If you copy to a new PC, and then hit install, Steam checks everything. It could be that Steam decided that some files need to be replaced, and replaced them with vanilla files.

Stybar said:
Mave said:

It could, if Steam decided it needs to replace the file. If you copy to a new PC, and then hit install, Steam checks everything. It could be that Steam decided that some files need to be replaced, and replaced them with vanilla files.

Ah that's true. This feature is really useful btw, I fucked up my GTA IV ones, just deleted the entire folder where the problem was, and then let Steam re-install those files.

Mave said:
Perhaps you installed a handling mod a really long time ago, and forgot about it?
Also copy the gta_sa.set from your documents, you never know. (maybe some sensitivity settings?)
I had to delete gta_sa.set to even make the game work. And yes i copied it, no installs at all. Haven't downloaded handling mods but I'm sure the mod installer had some handling changes. I'll try some things you suggested

shiznit said:
Mave said:
I had to delete gta_sa.set to even make the game work. And yes i copied it, no installs at all. Haven't downloaded handling mods but I'm sure the mod installer had some handling changes. I'll try some things you suggested
Alright, hope you'll solve it.

Back
Top Bottom