Google Chrome

drumthrasher109

dlpage_lg.jpg

Google today has released their very own web browser, named Chrome. Now, we've tested many sites and none of them catched our eyes. Google Chrome has a nice interface, but lacks speed and many other necessities. This browser has nothing special. IE8 Beta2 is still the fastest browser, even faster than FireFox 3.

Quick pros/cons list:

Pros:
+ Nice interface
+ Starts VERY fast

Cons:
+ Fairly slow
+ Poor download manager
+ No titlebar
+ Horrible installation

http://google.com/chrome

Do you like it? I don't like it AT ALL. Until they make it fast, then no. Also it's based off of the Mozilla browsers, aka Firefox and whatever other one they have.

It's sweet apart from some "minor" things that probably will be fixed after beta.

1) Web pages load slow, as stated.
2) Adobe Flash Player 9 makes it crash and lag a lot.
3) Tabs are glitched a Lot, including reloading to the original page opened after a new tab is opened, and placement glitches when you quit one under some circumstances.

drumthrasher109 said:
Do you like it? I don't like it AT ALL. Until they make it fast, then no. Also it's based off of the Mozilla browsers, aka Firefox and whatever other one they have.
I like it because its simple to use.

drumthrasher109 said:

no, they said its based on the safari

google chrome is nice for pple who are new to the web or dont use it much, it aint good for advanced surfers (like us)

That's exactly it! lol

I like the small tab effects to when you open or close one.

One thing that sounds cool but is kind of dangerous is having every tab it's own process. I don't really like that idea.

drumthrasher109 said:
That's exactly it! lol

I like the small tab effects to when you open or close one.

One thing that sounds cool but is kind of dangerous is having every tab it's own process. I don't really like that idea.

Can you explain me why that is bad (im not trying to argue, I just dont understand it :wink:) :)

she means you say its not good for each tab to have its own process thing, she asks why

because of this
http://www.s244862283.online.de/downloads/googlechrom.jpg

It takes all my ressources away :/

Back
Top Bottom