Goodbye iPhone 3G, welcome Blackberry Bold

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
CmmXx.jpg

I don't think many people make a switch in this direction, but I'm going to do so tomorrow.

My iPhone was already second handed, and lately the battery only lasted a few hours.. which is pretty annoying.

So I asked my dad if he maybe had an old BB laying around at work, and he said he'd look for one at work.
Then this morning suddenly there's a brand new BB Bold on my desk :biggrin:
Thanks dad :3

It's going to be a pain in the ass to learn to type as fast as I can on my iPhone now though.
Also I must move all the contacts and my calendar notes etc from the iPhone to the Blackberry.

Looking forward to using it though.

Good for you. iPhones suck :tongue:
I prefer typing on a mechanical keyboard, once you get used to it you'll find it a LOT better than a touch screen.

Wait, your dad has blackberries at work doing nothing? GIMME ONE :tongue:

Enjoy your blackberry, and don't install weatherbug, cause it has bugs (seriously)

Blackbarrys kinda suck in my opinion. Their tech is way too far behind. The latest blackbarry has a touchscreen. Well, you might think, that is great isn't it? Not if you hear this. The way the touchscreen on that blackberry works is that there are 4 points where pressure is messured. You press at position A then the 4 points all get a different reading, from that the position is calculated.
I'd rather get a small addon from dealextreme for my ipod (a keyboard) then getting a blackberry :tongue:

Impulse said:
Blackbarrys kinda suck in my opinion. Their tech is way too far behind. The latest blackbarry has a touchscreen. Well, you might think, that is great isn't it? Not if you hear this. The way the touchscreen on that blackberry works is that there are 4 points where pressure is messured. You press at position A then the 4 points all get a different reading, from that the position is calculated.
I'd rather get a small addon from dealextreme for my ipod (a keyboard) then getting a blackberry :tongue:

Yeah but I'm on one of the latest models, WITHOUT touchscreen, so I'll be fine :3

GPow69 said:
Good for you. iPhones suck :tongue:
I prefer typing on a mechanical keyboard, once you get used to it you'll find it a LOT better than a touch screen.

A lot of people have told me this, we'll see :tongue:

ThePro said:
Wait, your dad has blackberries at work doing nothing? GIMME ONE :tongue:

Enjoy your blackberry, and don't install weatherbug, cause it has bugs (seriously)

Nah, I'm only going to install stuff I really need.
Also no they're not just lying around, this happened to be a spare one, and I could have it :tongue:

MiRc34 said:
Nice switch :biggrin:

Mave said:
Impulse said:

Yeah but I'm on one of the latest models, WITHOUT touchscreen, so I'll be fine :3
Still, the blackberrys are pretty far behind with the technology compared to the other smartphones.

Impulse said:
Still, the blackberrys are pretty far behind with the technology compared to the other smartphones.

Why does that matter as long as it works>.>

GPow69 said:
Impulse said:

Why does that matter as long as it works>.>
It matters for someone who gives a tiny shit about it like me :tongue:

Mave, you can send me your iPhone if you want. I'll just get a new Battery for it :E

^ I already did that, the internal charger is broken.
I'm just going to use it as an iPod now.

Impulse said:

Not really, they just look like they're behind, but inside, the OS is amazingly stable and modern

It's like running a gaming computer on windows classic. It's not behind, it's just fast and stable so while the aesthetics may be lacking, the performance makes it all worth it.

Back
Top Bottom