German school gunman 'kills 15'

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Fifteen people have been killed by a teenage gunman who went on a rampage in south-west Germany, officials say.

Among the dead were nine pupils, eight of them girls, and three teachers at the Albertville secondary school in the town of Winnenden, north of Stuttgart.

The gunman, a 17-year-old former pupil named as Tim Kretschmer, entered the school at about 0930 (0830 GMT) in black combat gear and began shooting.

He fled in a stolen car, but killed himself after being cornered by police.

_45558024_-1.jpg

Tim Kretschmer pictured in 2004

Officers say he shot himself dead after being wounded by the police.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel described the shootings as "incomprehensible".

"It is unimaginable that in just seconds, pupils and teachers were killed - it is an appalling crime," she told reporters.

"This is a day of mourning for the whole of Germany."

Officials earlier said a 10th pupil had died raising the death toll to 16, but this was later revised down to nine pupils.

Baden-Wuerttemberg Interior Minister Heribert Rech said eight of the nine pupils who were killed were girls but he refused to speculate as to whether females in particular were targeted.

Three teachers and three passers-by were the others who died.

Police said the suspect was killed during a shoot-out with officers in the town of Wendlingen, about 40km (25 miles) away from the school.

He had fled there in a car he had hijacked after the school shooting - killing a passer-by as he made his escape, police said.

Spokeswoman Inka Buckmiller said the shoot-out took place at a car showroom, where two bystanders were killed and two police officers were injured.

"The suspect also died as a result of this shooting," she said.

Baden-Wuerttemburg state governor Guenther Oettinger said police killed the suspect, but officers later said he had killed himself.

One woman said her daughter had been in the school at the time of the shooting, and she was now at home "trembling and crying".

"She and her friend jumped out of the window. Her friend is now in hospital... We hope that she's all right," the woman said.

"What can I say? I don't understand the world any more."

'Heart-breaking'

Regional police chief Erwin Hetger said the teenager "went into the school with a weapon and carried out a bloodbath", according to the Associated Press.

"I've never seen anything like this in my life," he said.

Mr Hetger said informing the families of what had happened was a heart-breaking job.

"Our thoughts are concentrated on the parents. I have looked some of them in the eye, and it's damn hard to keep your composure," he said.

Local media reported that police had raided the suspect's house and recovered 16 weapons.

The teenager's father, thought to be a prominent businessman in the area, was reported to be a member of a local shooting club.

Eckehard Weiss, who coached Tim Kretschmer at table-tennis, told the BBC that he had been a relatively normal boy.

Mr Weiss said he had wanted to be a professional table-tennis player and had even played a match last weekend.

_45556877_germany_winn_1_466x400.gif

Source : BBC News

I heard this on the radio as well, and one of the reactions of the listeners was : forbid every violent game..
IMO they should take care of the freaking weapon law first... Why the hell does somebody need a gun in his house anyway?
I know I would never get one.

Well, infact, Im getting my own shotgun soon. 1. For protection. 2. For hunting? Thats why Im getting one. People should stop blaming video games and take personal responsibility for their shitty parenting.

hmmmm Violent video games? maybe i was explaining the postal 2 game to my prep teacher today she then told me i had to visit therapy

BoxFever101 said:
Well, infact, Im getting my own shotgun soon. 1. For protection. 2. For hunting? Thats why Im getting one. People should stop blaming video games and take personal responsibility for their shitty parenting.

People shouldn't be allowed to freely own weapons without a license from the government like here in Israel. That's why you never here about children shooting each other here. :)

DaDeathgod said:
hmmmm Violent video games? maybe i was explaining the postal 2 game to my prep teacher today she then told me i had to visit therapy

Explaining violent video games to your teachers isn't a good idea, well that depends as with our teachers they just laughed with us :laugh:

Yaheli said:
BoxFever101 said:

People shouldn't be allowed to freely own weapons without a license from the government like here in Israel. That's why you never here about children shooting each other here. :)

Same in USA, technically, its going to be my dads, but Ill be using it always.

With the teacher thing, if they said I needed to go to therapy, I would dynamic replay it and be like, "No! You go to therapy!"

Yaheli said:
BoxFever101 said:

You don't here of people shooting each other but isn't there a war in israel? :book:

[FF]TeddyBear said:
Yaheli said:
BoxFever101 said:

You don't here of people shooting each other but isn't there a war in israel? :book:

I think so

There was one two months ago but it has nothing to do with any internal matters and is only to protect civilians from rocket fire so please do some research before posting.

Yaheli said:
There was one two months ago but it has nothing to do with any internal matters and is only to protect civilians from rocket fire so please do some research before posting.

Oh yah, sorry, im thinking of the whole gaza thing.

Yaheli said:

:-X

I was just saying there are wars there, I didn't get technical.

[FF]TeddyBear said:
Yaheli said:

:-X

I was just saying there are wars there, I didn't get technical.

You said "isnt there a war in israel"

dat means you were asking if theres one now

haha, lolz!
This guy wrote on some IRC chatroom the night before the attacks, what he got for a reply was "LOL".
The next morning, when the conversation partner heard of the attacks, he let his father know. The father called the police regarding this.

Andre9977 said:
haha, lolz!
This guy wrote on some IRC chatroom the night before the attacks, what he got for a reply was "LOL".
The next morning, when the conversation partner heard of the attacks, he let his father know. The father called the police regarding this.

Yeah I heard that too, the guy was announcing what he would do..
The other IRC guys didn't believe him, but they're not to blame, I mean I have seen a lot of crap being told on the internet, 90% ain't true.

Back
Top Bottom