.free Domains

But what I really can do with that domain ... ? ;__; I already registered nawg.free, but what the heck?

Why would I want to wait a year so people can laugh at my website address, that has .free after it, which shows me how big of a pussy I am that I can't afford a real domain?

Thanks for the share anyway, ThePro.

Grazy. said:
Why would I want to wait a year so people can laugh at my website address, that has .free after it, which shows me how big of a pussy I am that I can't afford a real domain?

Would be useful if you make a website where you share free stuff :biggrin:

Grazy. said:

Thanks for the share anyway, ThePro.

Mauri said:
Grazy. said:

Would be useful if you make a website where you share free stuff :biggrin:

Or if you really don't care what random people on the internet think of you?

^ Did I say anything about random people on the internet? Obviously, there are your real life friends on the internet too.

Grazy. said:
^ Did I say anything about random people on the internet? Obviously, there are your real life friends on the internet too.
People on the internet have friends? o.O

Hey guys, bumping this 2010 post because 2012 is in a little over a month :3.

"Apparently" I preregistered the name "google.free" but I have a strong suspicion it's going to be an auction or something of that sort when it actually releases.

Edit: It appears that the 'landrush' is actually in 2013. My bad.

From wikipedia

.free (dotFree) is a proposed new top-level domain (TLD). It is a sponsored top-level domain intended to be a free top level domain.

According to the dotFree Group s.r.o. organization .free will allow every individual to register free domain names under .free [1]

Along with TLDs such as .travel, .asia and .eu, .free and other proposed TLDs fall into the new category of GeoTLDs. The issue of new top level domains in general has been discussed at various ICANN-Meetings since 2005.

But also:

Microsoft has accused dotFREE Group SRO of running the Kelihos botnet that Microsoft shut down on 9/28/11.

Back
Top Bottom