Defcon 18 Pwned By the owner

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Alright guys I just had to share this;

Defcon 18 speaker Dr. Zoz Brooks (of Prototype This! fame) tells the (admittedly-long yet undoubtedly-epic) story of how he managed to get his stolen computer back from a hapless, elephant-ass-lover named Melvin Guzman.

Starts at 3:15; gets good around 7:40. Pwning starts at 13:25.

U4oB28ksiIo[/media]]

It was cool.. but he so didn't do it hacker style..

He only logged to VNC and traced the ip cause of the fact he had a dyndns updater..

The only thing close to being a hacker was the fact that he logged onto SSH

ThePro said:

He only logged to VNC and traced the ip cause of the fact he had a dyndns updater..

The term "hacker" for the MIT guys means something else than for someone like you I assume hence this. And there's nothing "hackerish" about logging into SSH, I do that quite often using my password and so did he (same goes for the keychain file). But what's the hacker part about this all is that he was able to keep control over his computer hundreds of miles away from it in such a sophisticated way.

Quite nice tho. The guy is a little socially awkward.

Andre said:
ThePro said:

The term "hacker" for the MIT guys means something else than for someone like you I assume hence this. And there's nothing "hackerish" about logging into SSH, I do that quite often using my password and so did he (same goes for the keychain file). But what's the hacker part about this all is that he was able to keep control over his computer hundreds of miles away from it in such a sophisticated way.

It is hackerish or nerdish leaving SSH on 24/7 on a MAC.

ThePro said:
Andre said:
ThePro said:

It is hackerish or nerdish leaving SSH on 24/7 on a MAC.

Does it really fucking matter? I have no idea why you're making a big deal. What he did was still fucking awesome, whether it be hard or not.

Re: Defcon 18: What happens when you steal a hacker's computer

LOL saw this before, not sure if repost.... Still worth the watch.

Back
Top Bottom