• Awesome, better than some western series

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Great, I like watching it!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Meh, not such a fan / never watched one

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Gross, tentacles and boobs and stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not a child! I don't watch cartoons!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Impressive. Currently I'm following 2, and waiting for Phi Brain to start with the third season.

So I finished watching Gosick yesterday (what a great way to spend my birthday), and I'm really glad I started watching it. Really good series, thank you Stybar for getting me into it!

No problem, you adviced some great series to me too :biggrin:
Hope you had a great birthday!

I found Suisei no Garugantia yesterday, looks amazing. Reminds me of TTGL, if anyone thought that series was incredible (like me), definitely watch SnG.

Bump!
Another was an interesting series to watch, although creepy as fuck.
Read all the available Attack on Titan mangas today, for those who didn't read it but follow the series, hold on for a wild ride, it's going to get heavy.
Currently, I am watching Bokemonogatari, which has an interesting animation style that reminds me of Mirror's Edge (lots of white with bright objects).
I also advice watching Blood C, which is downright funny as fuck, with hefty doses of limbs being sliced off and blood spouting everywhere.
For those who read this and don't have much experience with anime (Mave, Sova), and want to get in on it, go watch Blood C, it's one of the more easily understandable series I know of.

Stybar said:
Currently, I am watching Bokemonogatari, which has an interesting animation style that reminds me of Mirror's Edge (lots of white with bright objects).

Bakemonogatari*, and yes it indeed has nice animation style, also one of my personal favourite series. That's SHAFT for you, I recommend you to watch other series animated by them. Also there's sequels and prequels of Monogatari, Nisemonogatari and Nekomonogatari. Great stuff.

I could recommend again couple good animes what popped into my mind. Also I feel like typing and copy/pasting right now.

Baccano!
- The series, often told from multiple points of view, is mostly set within a fictional United States during various time periods, most notably the Prohibition era. It focuses on various people,
including alchemists, thieves, thugs, Mafiosi and Camorristi, who are unconnected to one another. After an immortality elixir is recreated in 1930 Manhattan, the characters begin to cross paths,
setting off events that spiral further and further out of control.

Darker than Black
- Ten years ago, a mysterious spacial anomaly known as "Hell's Gate" appeared in Tokyo, altering the sky and wreaking havoc on the landscape. The real stars disappeared, replaced by false stars.
During this time, people possessing various special abilities emerged, each capable of different supernatural feats - these are known as Contractors.

The story revolves around a Chinese contractor codenamed "Hei" as he undertakes various espionage and assassination missions in Tokyo under the direction of the aforementioned Syndicate.

Baka and Test 5/5 comedy anime in my opinion, had really good time watching this.
- The story centers around a boy named Akihisa Yoshii, also known as the idiot or "Baka" of the titled anime. He attends Fumizuki Academy in Japan, a school where the staff rigidly divides the students
based on the results of their academic scores. At the start of the school, students are academically sorted by entrance exam test grades. Fumizuki Academy has a special system, whereby all the students
are able to call forth Summoned Beings. These Beings are used for battles between classes with the goal of capturing (or retaining) the best classroom facilities.

Spending way too much time to this. Oh well.

^Currently getting the sequels as well, but with only 2 seeders it'll take a while (;一_一)

Darker Than Black is awesome, I actually just watched the first episode before I saw your post :)

I feel FMA:B sometimes wastes great moments. Sometimes the entire setting is dramatic or glorious, and then they throw in child-like animations which kinda ruins the atmosphere.

On another note, I've finally found a decent download for Digimon. I know, it's really a kids show, but I've watched it as a kid and always found it better than Pokemon. Continuing my downloading rant, I've found a great torrent for the new Evangelion movies (1.11, 2.22 and 3.33), but somehow the audio is messed up. I can hear sound effects, but the voices are completely cut out.

I just started Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, and it's pretty good so far :3

^I'll check it out.
Ao No Exorcist is pretty impressive to see as well. Haven't seen much yet, but so far I like it. Bit of humor, bit of action (slicing up demons, ahh yeahh).

FMA:B has a... weird ending. I'm glad nobody died (I hate sad endings), but I'm not sure I like the way Edward get Alphonse back either. And for fucks sake, everyone knows Edward and Winry love each other, but the only evidence you get is some weird dialogue and a picture with their kids? Same with Mustang and Hawkeye, is it that difficult to animate a kiss?

Also following Ah! My Goddess. Pretty relaxed series, really more of a romantic anime. Great fun though, awkward situations arise all the time, creating hilarious moments.

Still waiting for the new episodes of Nekomonogatari. rest of the series was awesome, if a bit sexually charged and just downright weird. The toothbrushing scene is memorable though (people who watched it know what I'm talking about)

Stybar said:
^I'll check it out.
Ao No Exorcist is pretty impressive to see as well. Haven't seen much yet, but so far I like it. Bit of humor, bit of action (slicing up demons, ahh yeahh).

FMA:B has a... weird ending. I'm glad nobody died (I hate sad endings), but I'm not sure I like the way Edward get Alphonse back either. And for fucks sake, everyone knows Edward and Winry love each other, but the only evidence you get is some weird dialogue and a picture with their kids? Same with Mustang and Hawkeye, is it that difficult to animate a kiss?

You might want to spoiler it (make the text white). I loved the final battle and the ending :3

Barumpidibump

Haven't watched much anime since late, I've been watching a lot of Doctor Who.

But while I haven't watched much series, I do however, have read a lot of manga's. I found an app for Android, SearchManga that allows to read mangas on your smartphone. You just search for a title, you download it (no online reading possible, alas), and you can read it. Only downside is that it takes up a shitload of memory, especially if you download big series like Bleach or One Piece in one go. Apart from that, it works fine.
I know there isn't an iOS of this, but there are others that work well, according to others.
I've already finished or am up to date with, Bleach (which is great, but loooong), Highschool of the Dead (Girls in schooluniforms fighting zombies? Hell yeah), Gantz (Pr0n and aliens. That's it), Attack on Titan (which takes forever to update) and others.

However, now I've finished Dr. Who, I've started with Fairy Tail. Amazing series, although some of the fights are a bit... stretched. Crazy humor (flying, talking cat being crazy happy with seeing fishes), combined with a nostalgic feeling of battles. Everyone has always one more power level extra left, and the good never lose. Just managed to beat a really tough bad guy? Bad luck, here is his boss! Oh, you beat him too. Hrm. Nonetheless, it's a fun series to watch, if you're not looking for anything serious.

Does anyone have any other anime that are like Fairy Tail? Bleach is sorta similar, with endless powerups, fights that go for 6 episodes per attack, and insane humor every now and then. But perhaps there are other series out there of which I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom