An update is available

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
AnUpdateIsAvailable.jpg

Lolk.
If you are a Mac user running the latest version of Mac OS X (Leopard)--and by the way, that is most Mac users--you can upgrade to Snow Leopard for just $29.
Oh, and did I mention that there is only one "version" of Mac OS X Snow Leopard? Get this, it's called Mac OS X Snow Leopard. It includes all of the features that Apple designed for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and not some weird, arbitrary subset of Mac OS X Snow Leopard features. There's no Mac OS X Snow Leopard Starter, Mac OS X Snow Leopard Home Premium, Mac OS X Snow Leopard Professional, Mac OS X Snow Leopard Enterprise, or Mac OS X Snow Leopard Ultimate. There are no weird "E" editions for Europe, "K" editions for South Korea, and no Home Basic version for developing nations, whatever that means. You can't only buy Mac OS X Snow Leopard on low-end Mac hardware, or on high-end Mac hardware. You just buy a Mac and get Mac OS X Snow Leopard. What a concept.

Here's how the Windows 7 retail/electronic download pricing breaks down (in the US).

Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade) $119.99
Windows 7 Home Premium (Full) $199.99
Windows 7 Family Pack (Upgrade, retail only) $149.99
Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade) $199.99
Windows 7 Professional (Full) $299.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade) $219.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Full) $319.99
Windows Anytime Upgrade

inb4everyone goes derp cause its Mac while they never used it and think its just cool to go derp at mac

^ That makes sense because you pay a huge amount of money for the mac/macbook itself.

If you buy a built PC, it comes w/ windows installed in it already.
Also, you're paying for the entire OS w/ no future payments needed, whereas MacOS is like, pay a little now but then pay again and again and again.

Fries said:
Also, you're paying for the entire OS w/ no future payments needed, whereas MacOS is like, pay a little now but then pay again and again and again.
Well I have a Macbook, I update a lot and never pay for updates so whatever.

Fries said:
That's not always true, you have to pay for it sometimes, especially when you buy a custom one.

Maffia171 said:
Fries said:
Well I have a Macbook, I update a lot and never pay for updates so whatever.

Well I have a Windows PC, I update a lot and never pay for updates so whatever.

If you think about it most OS' updates ARE free.. What's not free is completely new versions of the OS (Ex. Windows 7 isn't exactly an upgrade of vista, so we had to pay for it :tongue:)

Macs are only good if you have:
1. a large disposable income that you are willing to throw away on a computer
AND
2. a need for a good graphics/video/music editing programs

Or if you just want to brag and be like ''OMFG I HAVE A MAC!''

Then 10 seconds later ''Wait... where are all the programs? Oh well, i'll just install windows on it and boot it on mac when i want to look cool with my friends''

I think this is pointless to argue over, both are good at certain things. Macs are good at looking simplistic and clean, and excel in areas like video editing and graphic design.
Windows or Linux machines (So any type of PC other than mac pretty much) CAN look clean and simplistic, but can also look a lot different. They're better at a lot of stuff too, I'd say my fave Windows feature is the huge variety of games

Fries said:
Macs are only good if you have:
1. a large disposable income that you are willing to throw away on a computer
AND
2. a need for a good graphics/video/music editing programs
ThePro said:
Or if you just want to brag and be like ''OMFG I HAVE A MAC!''

Then 10 seconds later ''Wait... where are all the programs? Oh well, i'll just install windows on it and boot it on mac when i want to look cool with my friends''
My god, you guys are retarded.

Back
Top Bottom