All Points Bulletin Discussion

GPow69

EDM for life ♥
Here we shall discuss the new game coming next month that is being made by EA and Realtime Worlds for the PC, Called All Points Bulletin

This game is going to be like a whole new style of 3rd person freeroam game, but with some similarities to Crackdown or Saints Row. APB is going to be ENTIRELY online, with amazing servers that can handle 100,000 players in a single world (Spread out in different cities in the world, of course)

Imagine a living, breathing, city but for the first time ever it's online, its streets full of vehicles and thousands of civilians going about their daily life.

Introduce 100 players to this online city. Their mission is to gain fame and fortune, and gain them fast. Many will take to a life of crime, feeding on the city, its people and its businesses. Other players, the Enforcers, will feed on the Criminal players. What will the outcome be?

The great thing is, we don't know! It's an online sandbox. Many players will achieve celebrity or notoriety for their skills or style. Alliances will be formed, rivalries will be bitter. One thing we do know: every player will be unique. Thanks to cutting-edge technology, players can personalize their looks, clothing, vehicles and music.

Earn money, clothing, guns, and cars as you play.

Experience fast-paced third-person action.

Master different gameplay for each Faction.

Participate in intelligent matchmaking: you play against real people and the better you get, the better your opponents will be.

Work for Contacts, doing directed Missions, or complete open world sandbox activities.

Gain real-life celebrity through in-game displays of your characters, vehicles, music and symbols.

Become a top-ranking player or Clan in leagues that track Kills, Arrests, Mission Success rates, and many other competitive stats.

Welcome to the next evolution of action games into a persistent online space. You're going to love it.
http://www.apb.com/faq/

Gameplay Trailer:

jNGuR8SO9xk[/media]#ws

So far the game is only planning to release for PC as a console couldn't handle this kind of game... So far. They are looking into it for console though.

System Requirements:
Core 2 Duo 2Ghz or equivalent
2GB RAM (3GB for Vista64 / Windows 7 64)
nVidia GeForce 7800 - 256MB or equivalent
20GB Hard disk space

Headset and microphone recommended.

Broadband internet connection required.

Discuss this game :biggrin:
I think it looks amazing and promises to be one of the best games of all time.

GPow69 said:
This game is going to be like a whole new style of 3rd person freeroam game, but with some similarities to Crackdown or Saints Row. APB is going to be ENTIRELY online, with amazing servers that can handle 100,000 players in a single world (Spread out in different cities in the world, of course)

^This made me jizz.
Also, the specs aren't that requiring... Nice. Very nice.

^That looks REALLY, REALLY cool. Really. It had me going @ the car tuning... But the character customization is also very cool... Gotta love this game... I must get a new PC goddamit ;_;

I'm gonna make a male guy lol

Aparently you can choose a side, Law Enforcement or Criminal, and you can have a crew of friends that you go do stuff with :biggrin:

[TMS] Crew <3

Would be fucking awesome to play there, but I think there's some fucked up RPG-ish system coming with the worlds and cities system. First of all I doubt that there are several cities on the maps, instead there are like "matches" which are "cities" in a big "world" which is a server.

Looking at what the game offers (endless customization features, excellent synchronization and so on) I find it difficult to believe there can be more than a few hundred players in one "city". There would be just too much to stream every second and even then the server has to be on a really fast uplink. Then again I suppose this isn't a modification like MTA or SA-MP so the game code can be altered to send as compact data as possible.

Once again on the RPGish control it seems like there's one objective. The fight between the cops and criminals. I think a scripting API with freeroam abilities would be rocking awesome.

Can't wait for it though. Won't be buying it by any chance though.

Andre said:
Looking at what the game offers (endless customization features, excellent synchronization and so on) I find it difficult to believe there can be more than a few hundred players in one "city". There would be just too much to stream every second and even then the server has to be on a really fast uplink. Then again I suppose this isn't a modification like MTA or SA-MP so the game code can be altered to send as compact data as possible.

Why do you just have to think of everything from a coding/performance point of view, you can't just accept that apparently it does work and that's that.

^
All Points Bulletin Discussion
Maybe that is why?

I won't get this game though. Maybe I'll take a look into it if I'll be able to pirate it and play on hacked servers

Andre said:
Would be fucking awesome to play there, but I think there's some fucked up RPG-ish system coming with the worlds and cities system. First of all I doubt that there are several cities on the maps, instead there are like "matches" which are "cities" in a big "world" which is a server.

This screenshot basically explains all the stsuff you're talking about

4vplax.jpg

I applied for a beta testing position.. I know I'm a bit late (Game is releasing in a month lmao), and I probably won't get in, but hey, it's still on their site so I might as well give it a shot.

GPow69 said:
Andre said:

Why do you just have to think of everything from a coding/performance point of view, you can't just accept that apparently it does work and that's that.
What the fuck is your problem again? I told you, "not more than a few hundred players [at the same time]" and the screenshot you last posted proves it right. There can't be more than 250 players online in one "district" and beyond that area the game doesn't receive stream data or send it out to other players in other "social districts". But the screenshot still fails to explain if 100000 players really can be connected to one server at the same time. It doesn't make any sense and just because you want to "own" me so badly GPow, you can't argue the point that the game has a lot of data to stream (player locations, vehicle locations, customizations, etc) every second and unless your server is very advanced technically and has a very fast uplink, it won't work with more than a few hundred players.
And I have no fucking difficulties with understanding a multiplayer game with 200 players at once does indeed work. I've seen the video and the synchronization is exactly what you would expect from a multiplayer game allowing that many players. I'm not saying it is bad, but the stream rate actually is low and the sync isn't perfect. Again I don't see why do you think I have difficulties understanding it does work. If I would, I probably wouldn't have a single idea how SA-MP works with 500 players.
What I said was very correct, so why do you want to argue it? stupid motherfucker

Mave said:
This is awesome, it's like WOW, but not-sucking.
Hell yeah.

Hmm.. Not really lol, WoW is all magic and fantasy and stuff, this is more badass stuff like crime :gangster:

But after it he put "But not sucking" and as far as I know Mave's opinion of WoW is that it sucks :tongue:

Maffia171 said:
Mave said:
Yeah I meant World Of Warcraft :tongue:
Doesn't look like WoW at all ;_;

Sort-of.. I mean they're both freeroam games with tons of people online at once, and in WoW don't you go around with some other friends or whatever?

Back
Top Bottom