40 Tourist scams to avoid

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
rCDod3O.jpg

I was a victim of the 'friendship bracelet' scam but I didn't get pickpocketed. Still, it was a little scary.

scoverga said:
I was a victim of the 'friendship bracelet' scam but I didn't get pickpocketed. Still, it was a little scary.
That's one of the strangest ones imo
"friendship bracelet?" GTFO.

Well, mine was not exactly a plain 'friendship bracelet'.
This Jamaican guy, accent and all, was hunting tourists in the main square. He waved at me and I did the same - friendly gesture, right? Immediately he ran up to me, caught my hand and tied the Jamaican-flag coloured bracelet around my hand before I could say anything else. He demanded 5 euros, promising that he'd give me change back. I was a little shaken by the very sudden encounter so I just threw all the euro coins I had in my pocket - about 3,5e in total - into his hands and ran back to my group.
who cares, though? I'm a rasta man now!
:(
.. well, at least it looks cool when I'm wearing it.

scoverga said:
Well, mine was not exactly a plain 'friendship bracelet'.
This Jamaican guy, accent and all, was hunting tourists in the main square. He waved at me and I did the same - friendly gesture, right? Immediately he ran up to me, caught my hand and tied the Jamaican-flag coloured bracelet around my hand before I could say anything else. He demanded 5 euros, promising that he'd give me change back. I was a little shaken by the very sudden encounter so I just threw all the euro coins I had in my pocket - about 3,5e in total - into his hands and ran back to my group.
who cares, though? I'm a rasta man now!
:(
.. well, at least it looks cool when I'm wearing it.
Damn man.. I wouldn't have given him anything.

Back
Top Bottom