[2002] Shottas

shiznit

Shottas is a 2002 Jamaican crime film about two young men who participate in organized crime in Kingston, Jamaica and Miami, Florida. It stars Kymani Marley, Spragga Benz, Paul Campbell and Louie Rankin and was written and directed by Cess Silvera. Despite its low budget, the distribution of an unfinished bootleg made it a cult favourite long before its official direct-to-video release in the United States by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment in 2006.

The film takes its name from a Jamaican term for gangsters.

One of the best gangster movies of all time. Unless you are comfortable with Jamaican english I recommend subtitles.

vlgBo08SyKE[/media]]

Yeah, I downloaded this a while ago, but stopped watching it, I couldn't understand what they were saying xD

shiznit said:
Nimphioüs said:
Yeah, I downloaded this a while ago, but stopped watching it, I couldn't understand what they were saying xD

Yeah. That's why i recommend english subtitles :wink:

Lol, I find it funny, I need subtitles to understand my own language :E

Nimphioüs said:
shiznit said:
Nimphioüs said:

Well it's not the same really. It's a mixture of english and french. Some words are 100% different
Example:
shotta - gangster
informa - snitch
grossis - trouble
rass - oh shit
bombaclat - motherfu*king
Sentence:
Fire out out u nuh u haffi come back wen di fire a blazin zeen. - Fire is sleeping, come back when Fire is awake.

As you can see their, words, pronunciation and the way they build sentences in very different(to me it looks like they don't have any grammar rules).

shiznit said:
Nimphioüs said:
shiznit said:
Nimphioüs said:

Well it's not the same really. It's a mixture of english and french. Some words are 100% different
Example:
shotta - gangster
informa - snitch
grossis - trouble
rass - oh shit
bombaclat - motherfu*king
Sentence:
Fire out out u nuh u haffi come back wen di fire a blazin zeen. - Fire is sleeping, come back when Fire is awake.

As you can see their, words, pronunciation and the way they build sentences in very different(to me it looks like they don't have any grammar rules).

They did have grammar rules 100 years ago, but since they all got stoned, they all got lazy , and fucked their language :troll:

Back
Top Bottom