Zoom Player

GPow69

EDM for life ♥
A nice media player I found. For me, its an alternative to VLC, because it works in much the same way, Opens and responds quickly, and plays nearly all media types. Also Very high quality playback. Works with HD. (And unlike VLC, works for me :scanner:)

Introduction:
Zoom Player was originally conceived to fill a void in Multimedia playback. Prior to Zoom Player, playing media files on the PC was either overly simplistic for the Power User or overly cryptic to the common user. Zoom Player tries to both simplify the playback experience for the common user, while giving the Power Users all the tools and interfaces they may require to manipulate their playback environment to their exact specification.

To that end, Zoom Player employs a slick and simple user interface, combined with easy to access features while at the same time providing advanced control dialogs over every feature imaginable.

Zoom Player was designed from the ground up to load quick, take as little system resources as possible, provide user feedback/direction as appropriate and maintain as much isolation from other applications and system components as not to undermine overall stability.

Zoom Player is fully scalable, supporting all the latest media formats and interfaces. New features are incorporated on an ongoing basis with release schedules and feature integration clearly announced on our support forums.

Zoom Player is capable of playing all common media formats and quite a few of the not so common, including:
AVI, Matroska (MKV), QuickTime (MOV), Cellphone 3GPP (3GP), Flash (SWF), RealMedia (RA/RM/RMVB/RAM), Windows Media Format (ASF/WMV/WMA including DRM with WMV Professional version), OGG Movie (OGM), MPEG-1 (MPG/VCD), MPEG-2 (MPG/SVCD/VOB), MPEG-4 (DIVX/XVID/ISO), VP3-VP6, MPEG Layer 3 (MP3), Vorbis Audio (OGG), Dolby Digital (AC3), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), MusePack Audio (MPC), FLAC Audio (FLAC), OptimFROG Audio, Monkey Audio (APE), True Audio (TTU), Wave Audio (WAV), CD-Audio.

Upgrades:
Zoom Player is very upgrade friendly, you can install over previous installation without any stability issues, You do not need to uninstall a previous version of Zoom Player prior to installation. If you would like to reset your setting prior to a new installation, you can run the "DefaultSetting.exe" file that is installed with Zoom Player.

Quote From:
http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml

download_button.png

There are many Versions to download, You can see them all at the link above. I just got pro, because thats all I need. They are all free.

Click The image to download, or "More info" For.... more info :holmes:

-No More info, its the basic, standard media player that works great-

Premium - More Info

Max - More Info

Is it opensource? If not, I wouldn't call it an alternative.
*a fan of opensource software*

Well, VLC satisfies me, but thanks for posting this alternative though.
One question;
When I play .mkv files (1080p/720p quality) VLC often pixelates it a bit and get's "stuck", I don't have this problem with DVIX Player
but I was wondering if this Zoom Player plays them fine.

If it does, I might actually switch :T

Well, I'm not sure and I don't have any .mkv files... I guess you should test it because I really don't have an answer ::)

Remis said:
Is it opensource? If not, I wouldn't call it an alternative.
*a fan of opensource software*

I dunno. Its legally free if thats what you wanna know :tongue:

Yeah slayer made a good point and reminded me, This player has a sexy default theme that you can change the colors of, and there are skins for download.

Mave said:
I'm giving this a try, downloading now.

Hope it works for ya! :biggrin:

Edit

How does it work for that weird file type that I've never heard of? :tongue:

Yeah slayer made a good point and reminded me, This player has a sexy default theme that you can change the colors of, and there are skins for download.

Mave said:
I'm giving this a try, downloading now.

Hope it works for ya! :biggrin:

Edit:

How does it work for that weird file type that I've never heard of? :tongue:

EDIT 2:

So, Mave Duz it work?

Back
Top Bottom