www.scratfiles.com | Feedback please.

F

[FF]TeddyBear

I made www.scratfiles.com a few weeks ago, and would like some feedback from you guys in respect to theme design, how it works ect..

I know it's not as good as UpFFS but it's something I enjoyed trying to do :)

Ty.

I don't like the theme, the ".com" bit and "free file uploading service" don't looke right because the "scratfiles.com" logo is a different font

Mave said:
Nice.

But I think there are enough free upload services already :scanner:

I know, I was doing it to keep myself occupied :)

It's rather cool, but could be better, mainly because of the low file size limit and the fact that it uses the default upload system.

Ev0 has made a new script for the site to run, bigger upload limits, better design, more stable. :stoned:

Wow, total copy of UploadFFS.com

-Flash buttons
-Uploading function / Moving files to folders
-General text / Object locations

Nearly EVERYTHING was copied except accounts because you haven't got around to it yet.

Take a look at this comparison...

idiots.png

I'm disappointed in you.

It uses the same file uploading script. Is it such a bad thing to use the same system if you like it and it works?

You can't actually copy it, because you can't get the PHP source of the page.

Template was an edited version of the urlz.be template, and everything else was written by me.
I had to find a script, I found this one, (half-way through creating this I realised uploadFFS used it) made the home page - I wanted it simple so people could just go to the site and instantly upload a file. Then I had to write the code to store files and the result of uploaded files, (fortunately SWFUpload came with an example file for this) then the page to display the files.
Also, of course, since it uses the same system, some things have to be the same. There has to be an Upload and Cancel button, and although the "Finish" button could've been a link, it looked better as a button. As well as the uploading progress bar, that's just default in SWFUpload, though I edited the colours to suit this site.
If you had the source to both sites, I'm sure they would be completely different.

I don't really care if it looks similar to any other service, I'm happy with what I made because it's the first website uploader I've made without raging..much. I was fortunate enough to have Nimphious let me host it on his site.

But nevertheless, are we forcing you to use it?....

EDIT: I wonder about UpFFS...

Back
Top Bottom