WTF VISTA!

ThePro

Ok, so I have a seriously old Vista laptop, I haven't put Windows 7 on it because I don't have any portable hdd, and because I'm a pussy in those sorts of things.

Anyways, so for a while the task manager has been interestingly odd, suddenly all my processes use almost no memory according to that crap.

And, if you scroll down a bit, you start seeing that programs start to show their real ram

No process on that list has anything above 900KB of memory usage.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
You just found a way to decrease memory usage, you're gonna be a millionaire!

In all seriousness: Install W7. Now.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
ThePro said:
No portable hdd, I gotta backup my stuff.
They aren't that expensive nowadays, I would buy one if I were you, it always comes in handy.
I myself have a bit of an obsession (5TB atm), I keep every tv-series or movie that like (in HD).

Panki

BOFH
Install Windows 7. Been said already? Then do it.

You can also install an OS via the NIC (network interface card).

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Mave said:
ThePro said:
No portable hdd, I gotta backup my stuff.
They aren't that expensive nowadays, I would buy one if I were you, it always comes in handy.
I myself have a bit of an obsession (5TB atm), I keep every tv-series or movie that like (in HD).
I have the same problem. But really Pro, a portable HDD is always usefull. It is possible to upgrade to W7 or W8 without losing all your files if I recall correctly.

shiznit

Don't you have another computer? You can just transfer all the stuff with an ethernet cable. or ask a friend to lend you a portable hdd. Definitely get rid of Vista and go for 7 :wink:

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
shiznit said:
Don't you have another computer? You can just transfer all the stuff with an ethernet cable. or ask a friend to lend you a portable hdd. Definitely get rid of Vista and go for 7 :wink:
That's... quite the bump.

Top Bottom