WTF VISTA!

ThePro

Ok, so I have a seriously old Vista laptop, I haven't put Windows 7 on it because I don't have any portable hdd, and because I'm a pussy in those sorts of things.

Anyways, so for a while the task manager has been interestingly odd, suddenly all my processes use almost no memory according to that crap.

KeLjKRS.jpg

And, if you scroll down a bit, you start seeing that programs start to show their real ram

ryep614.png

No process on that list has anything above 900KB of memory usage.

You just found a way to decrease memory usage, you're gonna be a millionaire!

In all seriousness: Install W7. Now.

ThePro said:
No portable hdd, I gotta backup my stuff.

They aren't that expensive nowadays, I would buy one if I were you, it always comes in handy.
I myself have a bit of an obsession (5TB atm), I keep every tv-series or movie that like (in HD).

Install Windows 7. Been said already? Then do it.

You can also install an OS via the NIC (network interface card).

Mave said:
ThePro said:
No portable hdd, I gotta backup my stuff.

They aren't that expensive nowadays, I would buy one if I were you, it always comes in handy.
I myself have a bit of an obsession (5TB atm), I keep every tv-series or movie that like (in HD).

I have the same problem. But really Pro, a portable HDD is always usefull. It is possible to upgrade to W7 or W8 without losing all your files if I recall correctly.

Don't you have another computer? You can just transfer all the stuff with an ethernet cable. or ask a friend to lend you a portable hdd. Definitely get rid of Vista and go for 7 :wink:

shiznit said:
Don't you have another computer? You can just transfer all the stuff with an ethernet cable. or ask a friend to lend you a portable hdd. Definitely get rid of Vista and go for 7 :wink:

That's... quite the bump.

Back
Top Bottom