What's your favorite meal?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Curious about what most people consider their favorite dish.
Please post a picture as well as the name.

Mine = Pene Bolognese, just looking at it makes me drool.

ba7ByFn.jpg

God damn Mave, I spend too much time searching the best looking picture for my favourite

...Which is lasagna!

3WWoNKz.jpg

Jesus I love this food, I think I should make some myself one day.

^ Lasagne is pretty damn eat, basically any pasta combination with bolognese is so damn delicious.
And that picture makes me damn hungry.

Me, I prefer Carbonara (anyone else notice we all pick pasta recipies?)
16PRTuX.jpg

Learned to make it from scratch from a Italian exchange student who stayed at my dorm for half a year.

I have no set choice. And I have no pictures (will start collecting as I go).
And, just to make it more interesting, I will cook all of these dishes.
Chicken Schnitzel.
Lasagne.
Spaghetti Bologna.
Chicken Stir-fry.
Bacon and Eggs with Extra-Strength Beer (my usual breakfast).
Steak w/ Vegetables.

Stybar said:

Hmm Carbonara :3
And yeah, but then again pasta is fucking delicious.

@Sova, I'm jealous, I can't cook for shit.

Mave said:
Stybar said:

The last thing I cooked was 2-4 years ago and they were burgers. I do not know how to cook.

SovareZza said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:

The last thing I cooked was 2-4 years ago and they were burgers. I do not know how to cook.

Seriously. LEARN IT.

I'm not saying you should be a 3 star chef, but you should be able to cook a steak or boil some pasta. It's easy as fuck. You boil water, you put in pasta, you wait, done!

If still not convinced, imagine, if you will, when you finally move out of your parents house. You got your own place to live, nice and fancy, you spend all day enjoying your new freedom (fapping, pooping, gaming, working, whatever) and suddenly it's dinnertime. Your stomach growls. You're fucking hungry! Food, you need food. Dinner! But what to eat? You can't cook. So you put in pizza or go get some fastfood. And the next day the same. Cooking is above you, so you spend the week eating fastfood. After a while you finally get some real food. Your mom cooked, or you found enough money to go to a restaurant. And then it hits you. Normal food is a delicacy now. You can only live on fast food, because you CAN'T FUCKING COOK. NOT GOOD

Oh, you got a girlfriend? Or a wife? Sure. What if she's sick, or out of town, or in any way not capable of cooking? WHAT THEN?

tl;dr LRN2COOK

I agree with Stybar, pretty much the same thing happened to me when I moved. First I ate quite a lot fastfood and some nasty microwave food, but then I looked up on the mighty Internet (and asked advices from my big sister who knows how2cook) for recipes and started to learn to cook on my own. And making simple pasta is super easy.

Also if you manage to make delicious food by yourself, the feeling is awesome. Seriously.

Stybar said:
SovareZza said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:

Seriously. LEARN IT.

I'm not saying you should be a 3 star chef, but you should be able to cook a steak or boil some pasta. It's easy as fuck. You boil water, you put in pasta, you wait, done!

If still not convinced, imagine, if you will, when you finally move out of your parents house. You got your own place to live, nice and fancy, you spend all day enjoying your new freedom (fapping, pooping, gaming, working, whatever) and suddenly it's dinnertime. Your stomach growls. You're fucking hungry! Food, you need food. Dinner! But what to eat? You can't cook. So you put in pizza or go get some fastfood. And the next day the same. Cooking is above you, so you spend the week eating fastfood. After a while you finally get some real food. Your mom cooked, or you found enough money to go to a restaurant. And then it hits you. Normal food is a delicacy now. You can only live on fast food, because you CAN'T FUCKING COOK. NOT GOOD

Oh, you got a girlfriend? Or a wife? Sure. What if she's sick, or out of town, or in any way not capable of cooking? WHAT THEN?

tl;dr LRN2COOK
Well I took Cooking as a class in school but I lost the recipe books >.< I know how to cook (and enjoy doing so), but I honestly never get a chance. I also have a recipe app on my phone for when I do move out/get a chance to cook.

EDIT: Rephrasing: I know the methods to cooking but I do not actually know any recipes nor do I receive the chance to do so.

No seriously, that's how to cut stuff. If you claw your hand like that, the chance of cutting yourself lowers drastically. It takes some practice, but if you look at the TV chefs, they all use that grip.

Back
Top Bottom