What to watch on Netflix

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
dfdGfoL.png

Although the end of Netflix is inevitable, there is still some good (Netflix produced) content.
This thread will serve as a recommendation for Netlix shows or movies that are worth a watch.

Don't F**ck With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer

08uPswE.jpg

Started watching "Don't F**k with Cats" on the flight back home. Things get quite scary in the second episode.
It's pretty much about the "internet-hunt" on a psycho that enjoys killing innocent kittens. But pretty soon he needs to kill larger things to get the same enjoyment out of it...

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11318602/

A group of online justice seekers track down a guy who posted a video of him killing kittens.

The title of that show is totally clickbait in order to get views for it's sponsors and it pisses me off when companies use subject matter such as this to generate that revenue. Let me explain.

It's not about an individual killing cats, it's actually about an individual who suffers from schizophrenia. The makers of this used cats due to knowing it would generate massive views. Sure it's disturbing, but then again so was The docu-series that Netflix had on Jeffery Dahmer.

The only differences between the 2 is that
Dahmer killed people, whereas Luka Magnotta took it out on cats.

A fairly recent case was in 2018 Emmanuel Garcia (52) was arrested on July 18 and charged with 10 counts of animal fighting. (Cock Fighting ring). 200 roosters either killed/seriously injured to the point they had to be put down.

As disturbing as Luka Magnotta and what he did, one of the worst people was, Dr. Henry Howard Holmes (AKA H. H. Holmes.) Full Name Herman Webster Mudgett.

My point to this reply is that Documentaries about killings are nothing new and there are some subject matter worse than others.

Luka Magnotta began with cats but he moved to humans when the cats stopped satisfying his fucked up needs.

Like many, I've been watching The Witcher, recently. I like it a lot, although I have to admit it can get a bit confusing. Without spoiling too much, the borders between the three different story lines that intertwine are not as clear as you initially think, and keeping things straight in your head is tricky. Especially when they start fucking with the timeframes.
The casting is spot on. I admit, I had my doubt as Henry Cavill as Geralt, but holy crap, does he nail it.
Definitely worth a watch. Prior knowledge about the game or books is not nessecary. Just know that who the 3 prime characters are: Geralt, Yennefer, and Ciri.

Like many, I've been watching The Witcher, recently. I like it a lot, although I have to admit it can get a bit confusing. Without spoiling too much, the borders between the three different story lines that intertwine are not as clear as you initially think, and keeping things straight in your head is tricky. Especially when they start fucking with the timeframes.
The casting is spot on. I admit, I had my doubt as Henry Cavill as Geralt, but holy crap, does he nail it.
Definitely worth a watch. Prior knowledge about the game or books is not nessecary. Just know that who the 3 prime characters are: Geralt, Yennefer, and Ciri.

Still have to give this a proper try, thanks for the info!

Strangely enough, I never really liked Dutch series. There's something off about them talking in, well, Dutch all the time.
Personal preference, though. I'm sure it's a great series.

Thing is, I dislike those "our society is fucked" type of documentaries. It feels more like being preached to.

I understand the message they're conveying, and its importance, but it's just not for me.

Thing is, I dislike those "our society is fucked" type of documentaries. It feels more like being preached to.

I understand the message they're conveying, and its importance, but it's just not for me.

It's not your typical "our society is fucked", but more about how they make people addictive to social media, teen suicides rates exploding because of social media, the ethics of companies like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,.. Okay it's still kind of "our society is fucked", but it was an interesting take and information from ex-insiders.
Not even that relevant to me (thank god I almost never use social media), but it did made me a bit worried about my future children one day.

Hmm, I was looking for something new to watch... Looks interesting, I'll give it a try!
Definitely do, we just finished season 2 last night!

Also (not really a story spoiler) the casting is amazing:

DyRJ6Cd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom