What kills realism for you in a movie / tv show?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
For me it's in
* Too much laugh-tape
* The way people end calls, I believe I posted a montage about this a while ago. (can't find it though)
* One particular one: I was watching Rush Hour yesterday on TV and there was a super long chase scene, suddenly the guy's car just happened to be where the impressive long chase ended..

For me:
* Guns, I hate it when people shoot with a small gun, hit a car that's driving away at high speed, and never reload. Example: scene's where guns drop and shoot (that is impossible).
* insane physics, people can jump idiot heights, do insane shit with their cars, all impossible. Example: Dukes of Hazzard jumps a car over a 15 meter wide river. IT WILL DESTROY THAT CAR
* Beating insane odds, I mean c'mon, 1 guy taking out an entire army base? no comment needed...

Stybar said:
For me:
* Guns, I hate it when people shoot with a small gun, hit a car that's driving away at high speed, and never reload. Example: scene's where guns drop and shoot (that is impossible).
Actually that is possible, but not very likely. It's even likelier with a bigger gun too.

Fries said:
Stybar said:
For me:
Actually that is possible, but not very likely. It's even likelier with a bigger gun too.
Changes are very slim, they actually build in a safety that prevents it.

Stybar said:
For me:
* insane physics, people can jump idiot heights, do insane shit with their cars, all impossible. Example: Dukes of Hazzard jumps a car over a 15 meter wide river. IT WILL DESTROY THAT CAR
* Beating insane odds, I mean c'mon, 1 guy taking out an entire army base? no comment needed...
I'm actually fine with that, as long as it is consistent.

The things which bug me the most are inconsistencies. Characters doing things they should not be doing, sudden plot twists which simply do not make any sense at all. Also the laugh tracks tend to annoy me, though if it is in a sit com I don't really mind.

TheThreeofHearts said:
Well, that's informative.

Also, I hate when automatic guns don't fire like they're supposed too. When an automatic or a semi-automatic weapon is empty, the slide doesn't slide back forward. IT STAYS BACK. many directors forget this part and have a badguy perform a last ditch effort only to find that their Glock is empty. You will know when it's empty, you can see it.

novokyiv said:
SOUND IN SPACE
Just kidding, by that logic Star Wars would be a silent movie.
The spaceships in Star Wars have integrated speakers which simulate the sounds, which helps keeping the pilots oriented. True story.

After playing KSP and knowing some things about orbital mechanics, most space movie just seem retarded to me. Best example: Armageddon.

Back
Top Bottom