What is the most stupid and useless thing people spend large amount of $ on?

Cigarettes would be a logical answer.

Apple-crap would be my second.
I don't mean iPhones or Macbooks, that's your choice. I mean stupidly expensive paraphernalia like headphones designed by Apple which cost $100+, and break after 3 weeks, a special adapter that doesn't charge better than one that costs $30 less,...

Stybar said:
Cigarettes would be a logical answer.

Apple-crap would be my second.
I don't mean iPhones or Macbooks, that's your choice. I mean stupidly expensive paraphernalia like headphones designed by Apple which cost $100+, and break after 3 weeks, a special adapter that doesn't charge better than one that costs $30 less,...
Beats by dr Dre come to mind.

Panki said:
Tuning parts for cars which are just shit.
Couldn't agree more, I facepalm every time I see a guy with his 20 year old Golf pimped out to look like a fair attraction.

Bottled water. In most cities tap water is just as clean as bottled water and in some cases bottled water is just bottled tap water, and it costs what, a few thousand times more?
I understand that this is necessary in places where the water is real shit, but here where I live I doubt tap water will murder anybody.

novokyiv said:
Bottled water. In most cities tap water is just as clean as bottled water and in some cases bottled water is just bottled tap water, and it costs what, a few thousand times more?
I understand that this is necessary in places where the water is real shit, but here where I live I doubt tap water will murder anybody.
There is chlorine and fluoride in the drinking water here in Australia, and that's just two of many chemicals. The government won't tell you that though.

Clothes, e.g. handbags, shoes, anything really. They do the exact same thing as a 30$ pair. (Kardashian handbags, for example.)

SovareZza said:
novokyiv said:
There is chlorine and fluoride in the drinking water here in Australia, and that's just two of many chemicals. The government won't tell you that though.

Clothes, e.g. handbags, shoes, anything really. They do the exact same thing as a 30$ pair. (Kardashian handbags, for example.)

The government, man!
Here it's the same. The tap water is rich in lime, you can taste the difference. But why people buy expensive water at 1,50 a bottle, while for 0,33 you can have the same water is a mystery to me too.

And about clothes: Buying super expensive shit is stupid, yes. But I say again: It's better to buy something more expensive that lasts longer, than something cheap that you'll have to replace every 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom