Webcam on laptop won't work

SovareZza

Be Patient.
I can't turn it on, yet the light that tells me that it is on and working is always illuminated, even while there is nothing using the camera. The light at the login screen immediately after booting up the laptop.
When I go to use the camera, the light goes off, but as soon as I give up trying to use it, the light illuminates again.

Using Kaspersky I did a full scan of my laptop for a virus or something that might cause this, yet it found nothing. My next thought is that perhaps I'm missing a driver or something from the laptop.

Anyhow, I was wondering if you guys might have any ideas as to what might be happening? It's a HP G62, and I formatted the drive last year sometime. It was working normally up until about a week ago. I think I was trying to Skype my ex prior to it happening.

Ideas?

:megusta: Your ex? number?

Try checking that skype is using the correct webcam.. sometimes it choose the incorrect drive.

Nimphiouus said:

Try checking that skype is using the correct webcam.. sometimes it choose the incorrect drive.

It won't work on any form of webcam program. It just won't work. Skype has the right camera and everything but like I said in the first post, it says it's on until I try to use it, in which case it just shuts off and doesn't work.

Also, no Nimmy, that ex is Ashlea. She's out of bounds.

SovareZza said:
Nimphiouus said:

It won't work on any form of webcam program. It just won't work. Skype has the right camera and everything but like I said in the first post, it says it's on until I try to use it, in which case it just shuts off and doesn't work.

:troll: Out of bounds for you.

But find the model of the webcam, un-install its software driver and download another one, it's probably corrupt.

Nimphiouus said:
SovareZza said:
Nimphiouus said:

:troll: Out of bounds for you.

But find the model of the webcam, un-install its software driver and download another one, it's probably corrupt.

Out of bounds for any of my friends.

Anyway, I did that immediately after starting the topic. I disabled and enabled it, then uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them and it's still not working.

^ Did you restart the laptop?

If you have , try the following:

1) Remove electrical cord from modem.
2) Blow into socket.
3) Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting.
4) Reconnect.
5) Allow time for modem to "awaken".
6) Your internet should be restored now.

Nimphiouus said:
^ Did you restart the laptop?

If you have , try the following:

1) Remove electrical cord from modem.
2) Blow into socket.
3) Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting.
4) Reconnect.
5) Allow time for modem to "awaken".
6) Your internet should be restored now.

It's not the internet connection, it's the actual laptop webcam that's causing the problem.
Also, yes, I have tried restarting the laptop.

Try putting your finger into the laptop, and pulling it out, whilst turned on and in a bathtub.

Have you tried reinstalling the default webcam driver that came with the laptop?

Mave said:
Have you tried reinstalling the default webcam driver that came with the laptop?

When I formatted, it worked as if I'd never formatted. I assumed that the laptop automatically had a saved copy of the driver or installed it itself when I connected to the internet.

Still you can lookup that driver and try to reinstall it manually, I'd try that.

Back
Top Bottom