[WARNING]Change your passwords!

BoxFucker101

Recently, my forum account on another popular server I play on was hacked and info was changed that could have lead to me being banned there. Luckily, with help from the developers, we found out who did it and where he got his info from, the SA-FE files. If it happened to me, it's possible it could happen to you. Spread this to SF-SF forums, I can't because I'm banned.

[SL]Slayer said:
Why would you have the same pass for important stuff and game stuff like SAMP.

I dont have the same pass for important stuff, just video games have the same pass.

Mave said:
Thank you Fear !

Maybe im banned from SFSF forums because of this hacker.

Same here, I got a message about 2 days ago saying "You have signed out of Yahoo! Because you signed in on another computer or device"

I changed my pass right then.

Just makes me ask why the passwords where not encrypted?

Makes me wonder too, They could be encrypted using MD5 Hashes.

CaSh said:
CreonSniper said:
Makes me wonder too, They could be encrypted using MD5 Hashes.

SeifAdmin script does that

Then start encrypting to prevent future issues such as the one we have now.

Now Madalin2009 has been hacked,

Xfire Chat:
madalin2009: my MSN got hacked
madalin2009: beacuse of these idiots..
madalin2009: damnit!

MD5 cannot because of the way it works.

For example, if you had "HI" in may be encrypted as "Ab5S", but "HI1" may be encrypted as "Utr8" (not actually, just giving examples). It would be like trying to find what mathematical equation made "1337". There's probably millions of ways to get that number.

MD5 is a bit unsecure. You can find the original string of the hashes with brute force, Rainbow Tables or the Analysis method (I hope that is the right word).

Small example of the rainbow table methode (the best method in my opinion):
You save A LOT of strings with their hashes in a database: Like HI and its hash bf8c144140b15befb8ce662632a7b76e.
Then you search in the database compare your hash (like bf8c144140b15befb8ce662632a7b76e) with the hashes in the database. And if you have a commonality, you also have the original string (bf8c144140b15befb8ce662632a7b76e belongs to "HI" in the database) .

But MD5 is secure enough for most of the scriptkiddies (Vince..).

Back
Top Bottom