Tips for speeding up your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre said:
GPow69 said:
^ Thanks for your unnecessary input. And what's wrong with telling people to keep their CPU cool? Even if it's not overheating it's good to keep it as cool as possible.
What the fuck. I tell the truth and you call it an unnecessary input. You're sick, dude, too bad you fail. The more even point of what I said is that noone is going to get a new cooler or pasta cooling just because their CPU is 21 degrees, not 20 as you would like. And doing this would not speed up your computer. But this topic is for tips which help you speed up your computer. Compulsive faggot
This. I agree with Andre.

Also, the heat of your CPU will not affect performance AT ALL. Until the CPU reaches it's TJMax (My i7 920 D0's is 95C), at which point it will throttle the clock speed to cool itself down, it will not do anything before then, just get hot.

There is no proof to say that excess heat >70C will do any damage to a CPU (Below it's TJmax). The only thing in excess that will damage it is excess Vcore when overclocking.

lrn2geek

A think-mistake? lolwat.
I didn't flame at him. I told him the fact IS NOT TRUE. Then he said my input isn't needed.

How the flying fuck isn't my input needed when I find false information in this topic submitted by him.

GPow69 said:
Andre said:
I didn't flame at him. I told him the fact IS NOT TRUE. Then he said my input isn't needed.
Andre said:
Compulsive faggot
Explain this then?
[REMOVED]? If I had flamed you, you would be at your momma crying about how that Justin Bieber kid gets more women in a day than you ever will.

Im12AndWhatIsThis said:
PLZPLZ HELP MY CPU IS AT 75C ITS SO HOT ITS MELTING MY FACE.
MY PERFORMANCE IS LOW NOW NOTEPAD WONT START UP PLZHELP
Get some liquid helium and you have a new gamer PC with doubled speed.

Brendon said:
Heres a tip that everyone should know that is so popular that even Microsoft recommends it but it's not on Mave's list of way to "speed up your pc".
It's so plain and simple :)
ADD MORE RAM IF PAGEFILE IS GETTING LOTS OF USE ON THE HDD!!
Haha, yup! Always make sure you have good hardware before trying to speed up with various softwares :biggrin:. That's only gonna make it slower.

Well I'm surprised this isn't mentioned here but:
1 really easy tip for speeding up your PC is cleaning up your desktop. There shouldn't be anything on your desktop but .exe's and shortcuts. Put files and such in My Documents.
Also: it helps to be organized. This may not help the speed of your PC but it helps when you're trying to find something later on.

^ Indeed, organization is great.

Also it saves a lot of time in the future when you realize you have to clean up your desktop which could take a while >.>

BUMP.

Another great way to speed up your PC, or at least keep the speed is making sure your PC is malware/spyware/virus -free.
Possibly the best way to do this is to do a full scan in Safe mode.
I personally suggest you to use Malwarebytes' anti-malware, which can be downloaded here for free.

Malwarebytes.png

But I think it's better to be sure Pro, with a full scan, you can't miss a thing.

Fries said:
Once a month:
Full scan x2 on Avast and Malwarebytes

Once a week:
quickscan x2 on Avast and Malwarebytes
I do the same thing lmao.
Although I have both, Avast and Malwarebytes active at the same time always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom