The Life Pro Tips / Life Hacks Thread

Take one minute to record your phone's serial number. This may be the one identifying factor if your phone is ever stolen and reset.

If you have bad posture and drive a lot, adjust your rear-view mirror so that you have to sit up straight to see through it properly.

Take pictures of your receipts from expensive items and email them to yourself. This way you won't lose them and have them at hand for warranty cases

When opening a door that could be a pull or push, save yourself embarrassment my looking at the hinges, not the handle. If you can see hinges, it's a pull.

Wake up on time by creating a QR code (bar-code) and placing it in your bathroom. Using an alarm app called 'Sleep as Android', you can set an alarm that can only be de-activated once the QR code has been scanned.

Using 'Georgia' font will statistically increase your chances of getting a good grade.

For all you lefties, ctrl-ins, shift-ins, shift-del do the same thing as ctrl-c, ctrl-v, ctrl-x.

ALT+PRT SCRN captures the active window not the whole desktop. no more editing or cropping.

Never pay for extra lives in iPhone games using a simple hack

Many popular mobile games make you pay a fee or wait a certain time in in order to continue playing. Examples include Batman Arkham Origins, Candy Crush Saga and Jelly Splash.

You can remove these annoying artificial waiting times / payments by simply changing the time setting on your device. Once your stamina or whatever is depleted, change your phones date one day ahead and get your stamina back for free. You can then change the time back to normal, but your stamina will still be there.

Getting rid of all that junk email

Just do a search in your email for the word 'unsubscribe' and have fun finally decluttering your email and preventing future junk email.

NEVER select "recommended setup" when installing software. "Advanced setup" is always the superior option.

When you choose the "advanced setup (not recommended)" it will let you select what you want installed (the software) and what you don't (the malware.) Seems stupid simple, right? That's because it is. It's not an advanced setup. It's the right way to setup software. It requires no advanced knowledge, and anyone with half a brain could do it.

Feeling unwell? Two ways to help recover from or dampen the effects of a cold/illness:
1. As a cold is coming on, blend two cloves of garlic and three pears & drink them.
2. When sick, remember BRAT: Bananas, Rice, Apple Sauce, Tea (I also add M. Hint: it helps stunt cancer growth + alleviates physical illness (vomiting) + increases appetite)

SovareZza said:
Feeling unwell? Two ways to help recover from or dampen the effects of a cold/illness:
1. As a cold is coming on, blend two cloves of garlic and three pears & drink them.
2. When sick, remember BRAT: Bananas, Rice, Apple Sauce, Tea (I also add M. Hint: it helps stunt cancer growth + alleviates physical illness (vomiting) + increases appetite)
Do you try this yourself when you have a cold?

SovareZza said:
This does not seem tasty.

Mave said:
SovareZza said:
Do you try this yourself when you have a cold?
Sure do. Currently suffering from a bug that's going around and it's *kinda helped*

Stybar said:
SovareZza said:
This does not seem tasty.
You'd be surprised actually.

How to remove Permanent Marker

kjeuuKp.jpg

When flying with your spouse (or a friend) divide your clothes so that you aren't completely screwed when one piece of luggage goes missing at the destination airport.

When putting air in your tires, put some air in your spare tire as well. Some spare tires will lose air over time and you never know when you’ll need to use it.

Back
Top Bottom