The Godfather II

Andre

The Godfather II
written by Andre

The Godfather II is a "sequel" to The Godfather. Unlike the last version, graphics have changed, so has the area of action. Now you're in control of a whole mob association, not doing simple jobs like you did in the first version. Although The Godfather II has given people negative experiences enough to rate it just with 4.5 points out of 10 on Gamespot, I still like the new "Don's View" system, where you can control everything in your mafia.

The game's release was set to 7th April, but torrents appeared in early April, on 3rd. We can't blame the developers on that, but since it was delayed, thank god it came a few days earlier.

The changes in graphics related to The Godfather aren't big, maybe they have turned a little more "comic". It is almost like from The Simpsons: Hit and Run or something alike. I expected a little more from this category though. Vehicle details seriously are from The Simpsons game I think, however house and landscaping details are a little better.

The storyline (if you can name it one) is quite simple. Nothing fancy like killing Soza (like in Scarface), or action such as The Godfather (such as you had missions where you had to shoot places up and that). I think the story of "The Godfather" pretty much ended with the first game's end, but now some people came up with some addition to it. You're making your own mob now, and Don Corleone now is some kind of weird dude.

"Don's View" - something new and exciting in The Godfather II. I haven't seen such control panel in any other game. When I was looking at trailers, it looked far too complicated, but when I played it, I saw what it really is. It is quite simple, with quite much things to do. You can manage your properties (or... rackets), which is sending guards there, etc. You can build a "family tree" for your mob. Well, major cool functionality is hiring men, then promoting them, buying upgrades... yeah.

Gamespot gave this a 4.5.
I will give this 6 out of 10.

The game isn't as good as the first version for sure, but it is fun to play.

948957_20090407_790screen004.jpg

948957_20090407_790screen003.jpg

948957_20090407_790screen008.jpg

Wouldn't say so. It is actually quite good compared to other games.
No game is realistic.

Actually, when I first rated it, I was wrong.

The game now gets a 7.5 from me. It doesn't matter it doesn't look like the original Godfather much, it is a whole new game, earning off a name that the publisher owns. So what, is what I'd say when I have played this game to a point where you own 50% of all the shizzle.

There actually is a quite catchy storyline, magnificent! You get to go to the following areas (i've discovered them so far):
[*] New York
[*] Florida
[*] Cuba

New York is where you start, where you learn to be a don in your own mob. Don't expect the hard part to be ready though. There you've got to eliminate Carmine Rosato mafia. There you learn how to get new recruits, how to operate your mob, how to extort and take over rackets. You meet cool characters that make the game superb!

Florida comes after New York, where your heat is too high and you've got to "cool down" after eliminating the Carmine Rosato family. Your name is known and mr.Roth gives you a warehouse. What's best is the Adult Entertainment chain, which you can take over. Getting the whole ring consisting 4 studios, you get guards for your businesses a lot cheaper. That's what makes it leet, oh and wait - I forgot to mention there are hookers/chicks with NUDE TITS. Just because of that the game gets an extra point, haha!

Cuba occurs all around the game. You get to go there when you have achieved most of Florida and made war with Mangano mafia (fuck those nerds backstab you and take lots of your businesses), CIA agent Henry Mitchell and mr. Roth send you there. You have to kill some people who have the revolution of Cuba, and get close to Fidel Castro. You have to sneak around the presidential mansion, where you shoot Fidel Castro from your sniper. He doesn't die though - if he would that would be weird, kinda. I think he was shot in real life also, but I don't know much about Cuban revolution. Assassination fails and you fly away.

When you're back in Florida/New York then, you start regaining turfs that you have "lost" to Mangano after he shot you. Then come great story shit, with great cutscenes. I forgot to mention that before there was a really cool hostage thing in Florida and also you and Don Corleone's brother and you were almost shot at a driveby. Anyways, then come a court mission, where you have to literally play Crime Scene Investigator yourself, question people and so on to finally find a man who can stop his brother from testifying against Don Corleone in the courts.

By the time, you can recruit more people into your family, promote or mark them to be killed, so you can replace them with the ones who have greater weapons level, more skills or just look cooler. Ah, you can also change their clothing at any point, call them to help you or just play cool with them beating up gangs on the street.

Seriously, this game has made my day... I mean a quite few days that I've been playing it already.
The story is great, everything is cool. There are some glitches, but they don't matter on such cool shizzle.

RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE!

This shit was good when i installed and played in first 2 towns - ny and florida, later when i went to cuba this game totally sucked ass, its all only about defending/attacking bizes and i passed game in 2 days... In Stats it shows 22 hours. Also i don't like engine, it sux hard ballz, for example like you run off from cliff without animation or enter/exit in cars OR drive with cars like moron :wacko:

Eeehm I got the game, and it ins't so bad !

You can even create your own player like in sims haha !

I will give it a 8/10 !

Its a pretty fun game actually. Untill it got bored and all my businesses got taken over.
I discovered florida,cuba and new york too.

Glad i downloaded this game.
Although i have it on xbox 360

Not a bad game, fun storyline, mafia is cool and the don's view system is awesome, I give it a 9.0/10 but the AI was a little gormless at points and the vehicle system was useless. It was a fun game but if you're a hardcore gamer it is not something that will keep you very busy. I wonder when mods will come out for this game :wink:

Back
Top Bottom