The Drum and Bass Discussion Thread

Thinking about adding prefixes to this board, though not sure whether to go for years (1993-2019) or genres (Liquid, Jump Up, Neurofunk,...)
Thoughts @Mauri @luggi ?
If we choose one, we keep the other as brackets []

EDIT: Think I'm leaning more towards years since there are sooo many drum and bass subgenres... Years are defined.

Breakbeat
Breakcore
Clownstep
Darkstep
Drill n Bass
Drumfunk
Drumstep
Experimental
Hardstep
Jungle
Jump Up
Liquid
Minimal
Neurofunk
Ragga Jungle
Techstep

Also there can be confusion about the correct genre, but the year will always be correct. (can use https://www.discogs.com/ to search for correct release year)

Last edited:
Thinking about doing some drum and bass mixes again. Not necessarily by genre, but by release year. I'd start with 2007.
I'd use the explore feature of Discogs to find all the good tunes.
https://www.discogs.com/search/?sort=have,desc&style_exact=Drum+n+Bass&genre_exact=Electronic&decade=2000&year=2007

Thoughts?

Well, doesn't really matter if you'd do it by release year tbh... You can do it however you want, but if you do not plan on doing it regularly I'd just make some sort of best of or whatever...

For prefixes, I think genres would make more sense but it's indeed a shitload of work and I guess we won't be able to really label all of these tracks correctly, year would be interesting but the question is if it is necessary? I did it manually for the last posts ;p

Well, doesn't really matter if you'd do it by release year tbh... You can do it however you want, but if you do not plan on doing it regularly I'd just make some sort of best of or whatever...

For prefixes, I think genres would make more sense but it's indeed a shitload of work and I guess we won't be able to really label all of these tracks correctly, year would be interesting but the question is if it is necessary? I did it manually for the last posts ;p
Cheers for the feedback. We could also have genres but limit to the most popular ones: Liquid/Jungle/Jump Up/Neurofunk/Other?
Will sleep over it (literally)

While I can appreciate this one, it's again a bit too heavy for my collection.

Teddy Killerz - Gun

Back
Top Bottom