Discussion The console market is pointless...(video inside)

TL Gamer

Please take the time to watch this video before making any replies: (This is not me) I just came across this and believe everyone should understand this information.

I don't buy consoles, companies boasting and pushing this 8k bullshit while most people still cannot even afford 4k (I was just finally able to get 4k). How about Let people get caught up to 4k before attempting to push new consoles to come out every 1-2 years that no one is even going to be able to get the full power out of them. hell 4k gaming is pointless. Society is just now getting equal with 1440 gaming.

Video is a bit too long imo but;
- I too am not really a fan of "renting" games instead of owning them.
- Paying for online gaming on consoles is really annoying
- I agree that 8K should lay low for a while, let's keep it at 4K. (hell I even play 1080p most of the time still)

Video is a bit too long imo but;
- I too am not really a fan of "renting" games instead of owning them.
- Paying for online gaming on consoles is really annoying
- I agree that 8K should lay low for a while, let's keep it at 4K. (hell I even play 1080p most of the time still)
1. I think being able to rent games is great, it's the legit way of checking out if the game is worth the full price. Though it still costs.
2. Very true

Also agreed with resolutions, many people say that 1440p would be the most optimal for games, but sadly it got skipped straight to 4K because of the movies (blurays and such) having it as a standard and us gamers got ignored completely. This is also noticeable on "gaming" laptops as well, you only get 1080p or 4K.

1. I think being able to rent games is great, it's the legit way of checking out if the game is worth the full price. Though it still costs.
2. Very true

Also agreed with resolutions, many people say that 1440p would be the most optimal for games, but sadly it got skipped straight to 4K because of the movies (blurays and such) having it as a standard and us gamers got ignored completely. This is also noticeable on "gaming" laptops as well, you only get 1080p or 4K.

I actually regret buying a 4K monitor a few months ago. Should have bought 1440p with really high refresh rate.
I intentionally run GTA V and RDR2 in 1080p because I have to lower my graphics settings a lot when gaming in 4K.

I actually regret buying a 4K monitor a few months ago. Should have bought 1440p with really high refresh rate. I intentionally run GTA V and RDR2 in 1080p because I have to lower my graphics settings a lot when gaming in 4K.
I don't think you made a mistake on a 4k monitor, I think it was smart. Anyone who truly understands gaming knows that 4k gaming is just stupid. Most games can only really handle 1440p and shouldn't be played above anything higher. Having 4k serves 2 purposes.
1. 4k movies video pics..etc
2. Gaming at 1440p.
I'm all about proficiency. Why restrict yourself only to 1440 gaming and miss out on all the other 4k things when you can get a 4k and do both.

Here is my story about this.
I was on the fence about getting a 1440 @144 refresh rate, or a 4k UHD monitor @60 refresh rate. In the end I went with 4k. I see it as a bonus it has access to all resolutions 4k and under. Then again I have decent computer which has an RTX 2070. For me only having 1440p was still holding back it's full potential. I also got a really good deal on my monitor as well. I paid $239 total (Tax included) for this monitor Monitor.

Last edited:
I don't think you made a mistake on the 4k I think it was smart. Anyone who truely understands gaming knows that 4k gaming is just stupid. most games can only really handle 1440p and shouldn't be played above anything higher.

Here is my story about this.
I was on the fence about getting a 1440 @144 refresh rate, or a 4k UHD monitor @60 refresh rate. In the end I went with 4k. I see it as a bonus it has access to all resolutions 4k and under. Then again I have decent computer which has an RTX 2070. For me only having 1440p was still holding back it's full potential. I also got a realy good deal on my monitor as well. I paid $239 total (Tax included) for this monitor Monitor.
I occasionally edit photos and videos on my desktop, so at least I still get the full potential then.
And looks like a nice monitor indeed, I got this one: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/philips-276e8vjsb-4k-ips-monitor/9200000099530952/

Nice monitor.

For me when gaming 2 main points I look for in a 4k monitor are
1. 60refresh rate
2. less than 1 millisecond response time

The only con with the monitor I got, is the response time, which only works in gaming mode. While in Gaming mode, brightness is the only option which can be adjusted every color calibration option is disabled. Sure this can be solved by using a premade color profile, but still it's a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Oh wow, a bot that posted 2 spam posts! Gotta admit, that one's new.

Back
Top Bottom