Technology: General Discussion

Since the 400mbps upgrade was FREE all of a sudden I didn't hesitate to get it.

xZuAQsc.png

Hoping it will be activated by the time I get home :biggrin:

Holy shit, I actually got the upgrade for free! Not getting 400mbps, but close enough.

lpxrZgD.png

Holy shit! I guess I'm gonna go take a look at my packages as well, then...

Shit, if I win the lottery, I think I'm just gonna buy the car itself, man.

Chair looks dope, though.

Since the GTX1070 is one of the best mining GPU's I tried mining ETH for a total of 24 hours.
Results are pretty disappointing.
A day you earn 0.002352 ETH, which translates to 0,43 USD or 0,39 EUR. Which in my opinoin, isn't worth frying your GPU over.
Should have jumped on this 3 years ago :biggrin:

Also minimum payout is 0.05 ETH, which takes you 21 days... for only 9.17 USD or 8.32 EUR.

TLDR: Don't mine unless you have an arsenal of GPU cards and free electricity.

I mean, it's not exactly shockin g, tbh... It's the reason why bitmining has such a shady reputation. In order to effectively make money out of it, you'd have to hijack someone's GPU to mine coins for you.

I mean, it's not exactly shockin g, tbh... It's the reason why bitmining has such a shady reputation. In order to effectively make money out of it, you'd have to hijack someone's GPU to mine coins for you.
And people actually wrote worms to do exactly this. The first guy to pull this off must be swimming in coins right now. (99% sure it's some Russian)

Just changed my DNS server settings to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 and I can actually feel the difference.

Really? I tried that as well, but my speeds weren't impacted at all.

Not really, no... Google's functionality to share across devices is just too convenient.
And yes, I am fully aware how hypocritical I am for being cautious about other platforms collecting data.

I talked a bit about this in the HSCT topic before, but guys.. If you're in the market for new headphones, I can't recommend the Sony WH-1000XM3 enough.. Filters out background noise almost 100%.

cj5JtPS.jpg

My flight back last week was 10 times more comfortable than normal thanks to these bad boys.

I've been thinking of getting a new phone, and right now Asus ZenFone 6 looks very nice for my tastes. Nice screen, good performance, expandable memory and 5000 mAh battery. Also the camera looks cool. :biggrin:

I've been thinking of getting a new phone, and right now Asus ZenFone 6 looks very nice for my tastes. Nice screen, good performance, expandable memory and 5000 mAh battery. Also the camera looks cool. :biggrin:
Looks good indeed, and oh boy, I wouldn't stop flipping that camera :biggrin:
Here's MKBHD's review:

I also watched that video, it generally has gotten positive feedback. As for price I could get it for 499€, so it's not that bad.

I also watched that video, it generally has gotten positive feedback. As for a price I could get it for 499€, so in a sense it's not that bad.
That's definitely a great price, other specs seem great as well.

Back
Top Bottom