Technology: General Discussion

Shiiit, I gotta install GTAV to test that out :tongue: I'll give it a shot on Wednesday, but so far I get a comfortable >60 fps on Ultra in The Division.

It's 299 on coolblue. That's still 70 bucks more expensive than if you bought it at bol.com.

Doesn't look like it! That does explain though, I was wondering where the game sections went.

Doesn't look like it! That does explain though, I was wondering where the game sections went.
And I was wondering why you never posted there....
Fixed now, are there any more boards you don't see? (apart from The Recycle Bin and Moderators?)
For some reason the Dutch usergroup didn't have read permissions in the Gaming board.

EI087m0.png

Hmm, curiously, yeah, several...
SjGQMcM.png

Looks like I'm missing Game Media, and the Music Discussion, and some subboards in the HSL, Technology, and Game discussion as well.

Was thinking about buying a NAS once I move into the apartment, but holy shit these things are expensive...

I need +20GB as I hoard a lot of data (TV series in 4k, 1080p, movies in 1080p,..)

I've looked around and the best option seems to be:

NAS: Synology DiskStation DS918+ (€537,56)
HDD's: WD Red WD80EFAX, 8TB (€249 x 4 = €996) (would give me 24TB of usable space)

Total = €1533,56

Yeah.. I'm gonna pass. I'll just backup the most important stuff (irreplaceable stuff like photos) in Onedrive (1TB)

Yikes, that does sound pretty fucking pricey... Is a simple server with some HDD's attached not an option? You can use FreeNAS to make your own system.

Yikes, that does sound pretty fucking pricey... Is a simple server with some HDD's attached not an option? You can use FreeNAS to make your own system.
Sadly I threw away my old tower when my parents moved. I do still have my Surface Pro and an old Macbook Pro from the gf that I use solely for dj'ing.
I doubt that a laptop would be able to function as a NAS though..

EDIT: I got my answer:

I00anK7.png

Seems like my Surface Pro 3 is dying. It's pretty much empty, no heavy programs installed, nothing running in the background, plugged in and on performance mode, and STILL it managed to screw up my mix this morning. (was 45 minutes in when the song suddenly started lagging)

Note that Friday the laptop I normally use for mixing (gf's old 2012 macbook pro) refused to boot. Cleaned out the dust this morning but it still blows like crazy when you try to boot it up, then eventually it just shuts down. (I'm guessing it's overheating and shutting itself off for safety)
Not looking forward on replacing the thermal paste, macs are a bitch to open up.

Definitely happy with having two NVMe SSD's in my laptop now. (and I didn't break it while putting the SSD in!)

tL3cUYU.jpg

Photo because internet was derping.

Back
Top Bottom