Sony shares details about PlayStation 5

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
dsZwsSI.jpg

PS5 will have:
  • Backwards compatibility (PS3 and PS4 didn't have this)
  • GPU will be capable of ray-tracing
  • It will feature an SSD specifically designed for the console
  • Physical media will still be supported
  • 8-Core AMD CPU
Expected arrival date: 2020

Sauce: https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

Note that the backwards compatibility is only for PS4 games.

The reason it does, is the exact opposite reason why the PS4 didn't have backwards compatibility. The PS3, and PS4 had a completely new architecture, and because of that difference, PS2 games didn't work on the PS3, and PS3 games didn't work on the PS4.
Now, the PS5 "will have the same architecture" as the PS4, so backwards compatibility with the PS4 should be possible.

Note that the backwards compatibility is only for PS4 games.

The reason it does, is the exact opposite reason why the PS4 didn't have backwards compatibility. The PS3, and PS4 had a completely new architecture, and because of that difference, PS2 games didn't work on the PS3, and PS3 games didn't work on the PS4.
Now, the PS5 "will have the same architecture" as the PS4, so backwards compatibility with the PS4 should be possible.
Will you be buying one?

Will you be buying one?
I'm not sure. I think not, unless my PC starts to lag behind around that time. But in that case I might just upgrade some parts anyway.

I'm not sure. I think not, unless my PC starts to lag behind around that time. But in that case I might just upgrade some parts anyway.
Don't think I'm ever gonna go console again.
Really regret buying an Xbox One for RDR2. I haven't even touched the game since I completed it. When I move out it will also function as a blu-ray player but still a waste imo. (already got an old Sony blu-ray player)

Back
Top Bottom