Some Great Quotes

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

Question: "If you could live forever, would you and why?"
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
-Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana... The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two, but can't remember what they are.
-Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show, August 22

I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law.
-David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes.

Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.
-Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.
-Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
-Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It's only the people who make them unsafe.
-Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia

After finding no qualified candidates for the position of principal, the school board is extremely pleased to announce the appointment of David Steele to the post.
-Philip Streifer, Superintendent of Schools, Barrington, Rhode Island

"I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry".
-Rita Rudner

I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, "I'd like some fries." The girl at the counter said, "Would you like some fries with that?"
-Jay Leno

"The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day you're off it".
-Jackie Gleason

"Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected".
-Red Buttons

"I date this girl for two years -- and then the nagging starts: "I wanna know your name"
-Mike Binder

"Advertising: The science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it".
-Stephen Leacock

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window".
-Steve Bluestone

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac".
-George Carlin

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is".
-Ellen DeGeneres

"I'm not into working out. My philosophy: No pain, no pain."
-Carol Leifer

"I would love to speak a foreign language but I can't. So I grew hair under my arms instead."
-Carol Leifer

"The reason most people play golf is to wear clothes they would not be caught dead in otherwise".
-Roger Simon

"You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough".
-Pearl Williams

"I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets".
-Dave Edison

"Anytime four New Yorkers get into a cab together without arguing, a bank robbery has just taken place".
-Johnny Carson

"It's not hard to tell we was poor -- when you saw the toilet paper dryin' on the clothesline".
-George Lindsey

"Never moon a werewolf".
-Mike Binder

"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight."
-George Gobel

Anonymous:
My young son asked me what happens after we die. I told him we get buried under a bunch of dirt and worms eat our bodies. I guess I should have told him the truth--that most of us go to Hell and burn eternally--but I didn't want to upset him.

It sure would be nice if we got a day off for the president's birthday, like they do for the queen. Of course, then we would have a lot of people voting for a candidate born on July 3 or December 26, just for the long weekends.
Often, when I am reading a good book, I stop and thank my teacher. That is, I used to, until she got an unlisted number.

As you make your way through this hectic world of ours, set aside a few minutes each day. At the end of the year, you'll have a couple of days saved up.

It would be terrible if the Red Cross Bloodmobile got into an accident. No, wait. That would be good because if anyone needed it, the blood would be right there.

Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the things I cannot, and a great big bag of money.

The people who think Tiny Tim is strange are the same ones who think it odd that I drive without pants.

For centuries, people thought the moon was made of green cheese. Then the astronauts found that the moon is really a big hard rock. That's what happens to cheese when you leave it out.

Think of the biggest number you can. Now add five. Then, imagine if you had that many Twinkies. Wow, that's five more than the biggest number you could come up with!

I bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.

The only stupid question is the one that is never asked, except maybe "Don't you think it is about time you audited my return?" or "Isn't is morally wrong to give me a warning when, in fact, I was speeding?"

When I go to heaven, I want to see my grandpa again. But he better have lost the nose hair and the old-man smell.

I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?

I often wonder how come John Tesh isn't as popular a singer as some people think he should be. Then, I remember it's because he sucks.

Whenever I start getting sad about where I am in my life, I think about the last words of my favorite uncle: "A truck!"

I once heard the voice of God. It said "Vrrrrmmmmm." Unless it was just a lawn mower.

If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until the looting started.

haha wonderfull
You always post great stuff, Mave

I only hope more people can enjoy this :)
(we need more people on the forums :tongue:)

Back
Top Bottom